Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help please! High events per hour
RE: Need help please! High events per hour
Agree with trying cervical collar. OAs are highly clustered.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, thank you for that. Makes total sense - I should have picked up on that when I was adjusting the settings. I will now turn the EPR to off. I'm going to pick up a soft cervical collar for tonight. I do not feel like using the P10 nasal pillows mask tonight as my nostrils still feel quite tender. Will rather use my Mirage FX nasal mask or my F20 full face mask. Your thoughts on this please - EPR at 0, 7-15 pressure setting, and a cervical collar?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the mask you find most comfortable. Just be sure to set the machine to the type of mask you are using. There are settings for full face, nasal and nasal pillows. I use the AirFit F20. The pressure setting of 7-15 and EPR 0 is fine for now. We will have a better idea once we see results with the cervical collar. I'm assuming you have read the cervical collar article. If not, please see the link below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chart looks great! There’s a partial zoom-in (lighter color) but no reason at all to redo this one.

To soothe your nose and promote healing, you might try Lansinoh, which is made for nursing mothers but works well on noses too.

The cervical collar may help you with mouth breathing as well as obstructive events. Two other ideas for avoiding mouth-breathing.

One is to try putting your tongue up against your palate with the tip of your tongue behind your front teeth, then swallowing to create a little suction. You can practice this during the day. It works really well fo some people, not so much for others.

You can also try putting tape over your mouth. Some people would rather not, out of concern for asphyxiation if the power goes out or inhaling vomit if you suddenly vomit in the night. I put a circuit alarm in place so I’ll wake up if the power fails, and I’m not worried about the nausea scenario. I use Somnifix strips; lots of people do fine with micropore tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW!!! Look at this! My numbers have dropped enormously to 4.78 - the lowest EVER!! I am so happy about this! I used the P10 mask again and a soft cervical collar I purchased at CVS. I also turned off the EPR. 

I look forward to receiving further comments about my next steps?

Thank you all again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The experts will advise you about next steps, but I want to chime in to say this is a fantastic, dramatic improvement -- well done!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Dormeo Wrote: The experts will advise you about next steps, but I want to chime in to say this is a fantastic, dramatic improvement -- well done!

Thank you very much Dormeo! Looking forward to further advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone! I am attaching a readout of last night's experience with my CPAP machine and P10 mask. My AHI nearly doubled over the previous night. I wore the cervical collar throughout the night, had the EPR turned off and the pressure settings are still set at 7-15. I was aware that I was breathing through my mouth at times plus I woke up with a very dry mouth. 

I would very much appreciate input and an interpretation from forum members as to what the OSCAR chart shows and what the likely cause of the problem is and how to remedy it? 

Thank you very much again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again everyone. I hope it will be possible for me to receive a reply to my last two messages in time for me to make any suggested adjustments to my settings for tonight!

Thank you again so very much!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on your success on getting your numbers lower!

I'm not an expert, but thought I'd respond.

If you're not able to keep your mouth closed, then the P10 isn't giving you proper treatment. So - to me - that would explain why your AHI could be higher. And I'd encourage you to keep working at keeping your mouth closed, or find a FFM that you like.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 66 25 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 15 428 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 713 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.