Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help to interpret and suggest settings for my CSA, for Dreamstation ST
Need help to interpret and suggest settings for my CSA, for Dreamstation ST
Any advise for improving my AHI score? Have got CSA, and I don't feel that my Dreamstation ST is "reminding" me to breathe at the current settings....

[img=0.395833x0.395833]https://community.sleephq.com/rails/active_storage/representations/redirect/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaHBBNFZnd3c9PSIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoiYmxvYl9pZCJ9fQ==--a785cb2a7957ed97beb9e319afe2bf5fed136f6d/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaDdDRG9MWm05eWJXRjBTU0lJU2xCSEJqb0dSVlE2RkhKbGMybDZaVjkwYjE5c2FXMXBkRnNITUdrQ09BUTZDbk5oZG1WeWV3WTZDbk4wY21sd1ZBPT0iLCJleHAiOm51bGwsInB1ciI6InZhcmlhdGlvbiJ9fQ==--204ab43b29b308a56ab9d551717b829ffd1aa1b6/3%20Mar%2023%20OSCA.JPG[/img]I got bought a 2nd hand Dreamstation ST 30 to see how can I help myself in the meantime, while waiting for the public hospital appointment which will only come 5 months later (End Aug). Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but if anyone who knows CSA well and free to comment on it, do let me know what settings can I put into this machine!  I have CSA, and I may stop breathing completely for 20-30 seconds every min. Or just shallow breathing most of the times. Although my SPO2 doesn't seems that bad, I feel like I don't have brain sometimes, and feeling irritated with myself for the whole day as I couldn't even focus on any work...... These 3 days, happen to be cold nights, and I could rest for a bit. Really can't imagine how does it feel for those who constantly go down to 60-80% SPO2 range, when I am already feeling like crap at 90-95% range....

These 3 days was a time I felt much "better", since I get to feel my brains. Although I still have to fight the tiredness in the afternoons, but at least I don't feel frustrated enough to slap myself awake, for not being normal lol.

Not sure how to extract data zip from OSCAR to be shared, but here's 2 files. The CPAP data doesn't contain the combined data with my O2 Ring....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...share_link

Below is my latest record, and I think I happen to be able to sleep due to the cold weather, not because of the machine....
1st night on BiPAP, but stopped after 2 hours...
2nd night, totally didn't use and I felt better.
3rd night, back to to using the Dreamstation. Felt the nose block, but continue anyway, as I want to generate the data to be posted.
I think I felt better off yesterday without using the BiPAP..... Anyway, tonight will try on again with a  new settings (to set the Breathes per min to be the same as 95%, to 18 bpm now. 

Shall see if anyone suggest any new settings for me to try! Thank you all Wink [Image: xPuWDfjOVc-7nTgnGNofhujqIDxHFTZGTD4J0cOy...authuser=0]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help to interpret and suggest settings for my CSA, for Dreamstation ST
If you will please install OSCAR and post a screenshot, it will be a lot easier to provide an answer.  I will not use a link to the SleepHQ site, and it's broken anyway.  Checked your settings, and you are using EPAP 4.0, IPAP 4.5 and that is simply not enough pressure support to help.  Try EPAP 4.0, IPAP 8.0, with a backup rate of 15 BPM, and there will be enough pressure support to help you take a breath.

[Image: xd4ww50pn1m9fxdpm9d96heek7e3]

Your first problem is the ST is not intended to treat central and complex apnea; you need ASV for that.  Although an ST machine is often prescribed by unknowing doctors or substituted by bad DMEs it is a fixed bilevel pressure device with a rudimentary timed backup to trigger IPAP. The ASV provides pressure support in the amount needed to maintain normal rate and volume of respiration, so  for your condition, you simply have the wrong machine.  Please read page 28 of the Resmed Clinical Titration Protocol Guide and compare ASV on page 28 with tthe ST on page 34. Note in particular the conditions intended to be treated by each machine. https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...er_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 807 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 536 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results YouTakeMyBreathAway 194 11,870 10-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.