Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with data
Need help with data
Hi all!
29M diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Attaching my diagnosis, initial study, and last night on my BIPAP.
That last 3 nights I think look good but I am still so tired and foggy. 
Any suggestions or should I be expecting to feel better yet?

Also, with central apnea happening, brain MRI and echo are normal. Concerned what could be happening.

Thank you so much

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with data
I am not a Central Apnea person.
Are you 29 years old?
For OSA
It is going to take several weeks to a few months for you to feel better. If you feel better week to week you are doing good. Its not an over night thing.

Based on the supine vs non supine along with the Max pressure being hit to the roof. I suspect you have Positional Apnea. Although you dont have any clusters.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

You might start trying a flatter pillow. or try to side sleep as much as possible.

Others will know more.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you don’t have central apneas turned on to display in OSCAR. Look at the bottom of a daily view for a small gray box under the labels for the charts that has a checked box to the left of 3 letters followed by a down arrow. Click the down arrow and make sure that CA is checked.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for your response! it is not giving me the option to select CA. Is that because of my machine? It will only let me check the 4
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume this is a new machine?  If so events that have NEVER happened before will not be listed, once you have a central (or other type event) for the first time it will always show after that.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep study shows clearly mixed/complex apnea, not obstructive. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have anything fundamental wrong, but it's good they're looking into the central events.

That said, AFAIK, the ST doesn't identify central events. I just lists apneas (as obstructive) and hypops. I may be wrong but that's what I think I remember.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 895 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,280 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,070 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.