Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some advice- first week of CPAP
RE: Need some advice- first week of CPAP
Not much difference, you will see daily variance.

That said you have more CA event than obstructive ones. That say to lower your pressure. Bring your max down by .4 and see what that does for a week to see a trend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning Chicago - I understand about not being able to go back to sleep with all that pressure. Until you can get if figured out with the guru's on here. I cheat and turn the machine off and right back on - it starts the ramp thing going on again and I can usually go back to sleep. May not be optimal, but works for me. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,

It has been two weeks since my  last post. During that time I tried to change my settings to get lower AHI but I can't seem to get good results. What's more confusing is that when I usually change the setting the first night I do get lower AHI but the following nights the AHI goes upSad I increased my pressure to 10 and I tried to use EPR full time, I don't think is working, especially the EPR..Today I got AHI over 5 but no card inside the machine so no DATA to show:/ I will most likely turnoff the EPR but the pressure? should I go lower the way it was suggested before? Please take a look at my charts and make some suggestions..

http://imgur.com/uEpjPvG

http://imgur.com/NXgAZCU

http://imgur.com/itMcd9J
Post Reply Post Reply
None of this is "awful" and I don't see a problem with EPR at 1 in your data. I'm not sure what all you have tried, but it's tempting to ask you to trial a pressure of 8.5 with EPR at 1 and see if the fixed pressure settles down the sleep disturbance that might be related to the centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at all your charts there's a common theme. Your super sensitive to pressure change. A couple of the best here have repeatedly said to use a fixed pressure. That's what you should do. Also your CA events jump up during your mask leaks. When your mask leaks it causes the pressure to become unstable. If you could cut out the leaks I think you'd see your CA events take a big drop. Hang in there. Your doing OK.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was trying probably too much:/ I'm currently at 7/10

What I tried:
Min 7 Max 10 (cmH2O) 1 day
Min 7 Max 9 (cmH2O) 7 days
Min 6.6 Max 8 (cmH2O) 6 days
Min 7 Max 7 (cmH2O) 7 days
Min 6 Max 8 (cmH2O) 4 days
Min 6 Max 8.4 (cmH2O) 2 days
Min 5 Max 20 (cmH2O) 6 days

Is there any way I can recover a data from last night if the card was not inside?? I mean the detailed data.

Thanks Friends
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I saw a post that said no. T he card has to be in the machine during the night to record detailed data.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,
It has been over a month with CPAP and I don't feel much better but not much worse eitherSmile I saw my doctor few days ago and he was super happy with my numbers... I did not share his enthusiasm. He was confused why I changed the original settings but told me to leave it where it is ( Forum settings). Since, I changed my setting yet again even-though I promised I will not do it again. I just feel like he was not exactly helpful or even open to look at my results in more details. He was not concern about CA episode because a according him we all have these and wants to see me in one year. At this moment I am at Min 8.4 Max 8.4 (cmH2O) and my AHI is still where I don't want it to be.... Please take I look at my results and make a suggestion if you can. Thank you all!!!

https://imgur.com/AfOxjT5

https://imgur.com/X1AKb8q

https://imgur.com/XctCcun

https://imgur.com/PFwjVn9
Post Reply Post Reply
Both your CA events and your OA events are under 5. I doubt a Dr will try to treat a CA that is under 5. Since you are only 1 month in, and your CA index is low, let's wait a month (maybe 2) and see if the CA goes away.

You can slowly drop your pressure (no more than .4 a week) to lower the CA index, unless something else comes up.

That said let's concentrate on how you feel, so how do you feel? Please be very specific.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a wonderful machine and you're using it like something from the 1990s. Your EPR is only being used during ramp. What's the point? Make it full time. You are using fixed pressure at 8.4. that seems to work okay for you, but why not implement Autoset mode and let the machine adjust pressure to prevent OA, and to drop pressure when you are having CA.

Recommendations:
Mode Autoset standard
Min pressure: 6.5
Max pressure 11.0
EPR: Full Time
EPR: 1 or 2
Ramp: Auto, minimum pressure 5.0

I know we tried removing variable pressure and EPR in the past. If these settings have not had a significant improvement on AHI, then go for the most comfortable settings. From what I see here, your results have remained pretty consistent since you first posted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 102 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,546 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 212 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 330 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 467 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 661 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.