Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS, NEW TWEAKS
NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS, NEW TWEAKS
My first post ever, although I've been a member since 2016. And I have been using my ResMed equipment since 2015.
For me, CPAP therapy has been set it, and forget it. Probably not a good idea. I don't recall my original study, but I think it was mild OSA.
I've used the equipment 99.99% of the time, and consistently get 8 hours+ sleep every night. But I also nap every day ( I'm retired).
BUT, at my doctor's appointment in December, I was chastised by him for not following up since 2015.
I've restarted reading this group recommendations, and tried a few things over the last few nights.
Anybody have recommendations for reducing H, and occasional CA. OA does not appear in my flags very often.
Attached are my statistics, and last couple nights. 
I have turned on EPR, offset 3, and increased the pressure slightly. Have I provided enough information?
Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS TO FINE TUNE THERAPY
After reading many posts and recommendations on this site, I turned on EPR, offset 3, with pressures of 8 and 12. My previous pressures were 6 and 10.6, without EPR turned on. This change to EPR-on has dramatically reduced my events from an average of 6.6 (for many months), to 2.8 for about a week. I also noted that my clusters of Hypopnea are probably tucking my chin while I sleep. So I tried a soft cervical for 2 nights (with mixed results).

Attached are my charts for 3 nights, the first 2 wo the collar, and the last 1 with the collar last night. The first night with the collar it was comfortable, but too loose (chart not attached). The second night with the collar (attached), the results were better, but the collar was VERY uncomfortable. Even though the collar was tight, I still was able to tuck my chin starting around 7:00 AM.

I was only able to load 3 charts, I can add more if necessary.
I am asking if any of the experts on this site would recommend any changes to the pressures of 8 and 12, to help reduce the number of events?
I do not think I will be able to proceed with the soft cervical collar, it is just too uncomfortable.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.

The larger flow rate at the beginning of each night is me taking very deep breaths to relax, and exercise my lungs. I also do the same after my bathroom breaks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS, NEW TWEAKS
You seem to be off to a good start. Seeing the hypopneas, I would recommend an in increase in your pressure range. I'd try a pressure of 11 min to 14 cm. Your flow limits are still on the high side, but you have run out of machine to address this.

Keep us posted.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS, NEW TWEAKS
(01-28-2023, 12:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You seem to be off to a good start.  Seeing the hypopneas, I would recommend an in increase in your pressure range.  I'd try a pressure of 11 min to 14 cm.  Your flow limits are still on the high side, but you have run out of machine to address this.

Keep us posted.

- Red

Thanks for the advice. I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,614 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,465 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 796 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 573 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Help for my 8 year old! Teeleidor 7 724 08-14-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Question About OSA Diagnosis Criteria for 14-Year-Olds Dire 2 500 08-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.