Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need to Replace SD Card
Need to Replace SD Card
I have had a 16gb SD card in my Airsense for several years. It is starting to show some physical wear, main some of the small plastic strips breaking off between the contacts. I have a new card ready to go but am wondering the best way to do it so that none of my data are lost.

(1) Independently copy from the old to the new and then start using the new card?

(2) Just insert the new card into the Airsense and hope everything gets transferred?

(3) Or????
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need to Replace SD Card
i will copy the old card to my computer for backup, then just insert the new card. oscar will just continue with the new card.
Post Reply Post Reply
No bigger than 32GB using FAT32.
Post Reply Post Reply
You must be downloading the data from the SD card into an application. The application should retain a copy of the data, and hopefully your are backing up that data (wherever the program files it). When you put a new SD card in the machine, it should get formatted and all the data in the machine will be written to the new SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes when you just replace the SD card the machine will rebuild some of the data but it only rebuilds basic compliance data none of the fine detailed data.  

Heck I may have to replace my  SD card too but in my case it's because mine is almost full. When they get full does it stop storing data or just erase some of the old data to make room for the new data ?
Post Reply Post Reply
EW - As far as I have heard reported, when the ResMed SD card gets full, it is completely erased and rebuilt with just the Identification and summary data (for one year max) files. On second thought, I'm not sure if the old summary data is erased and rebuilt with up to one year's data, or if just the DATALOG folder is erased. It's not easy to test these end cases.

Best to just put aside the old card, and start a new card!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I backed up the old SD, then put the new one in the machine. Seamless! Oscar shows all my data back to 2020 and the new card just adds to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 265 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 632 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,144 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Replace mask hose etc: Uzupan 7 862 03-17-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 947 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  How often do you replace gear? Dave W 8 1,067 08-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.