Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need to increase BiPAP air pressure?
RE: Need to increase BiPAP air pressure??
I will get some help to figure out what I am doing wrong with the screen print.  Here are my Machine Settings

Mode
VPAP-S
EPAP
8.00 cmH2O
IPAP
18.60 cmH2O
Antibacterial Filter
Yes
Climate Control
Manual
Humidifier Status
On
Humidity Level
Mask
Full Face
Patient Access
Yes
Ramp
Off
Smart Start
Off
Temperature
29 ºC
Temperature Enable
Nitaslenz Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
What about Trigger, Cycle, Rise-Time, Ti Max, Ti Min, and Easy-Btrathe
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sleeping on your back? When I do, my AHI gets pretty high. I'm training myself to sleep on my side now and it has made a dramatic difference in my numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Oscar open up the day you want to take a picture of then click on the view icon then click take screenshot. The screenshot will be saved on your computer under your documents folder under oscar data and then screenshots.

Your settings seem all out of whack, follow Bonjours direction and he will get you on the right track.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is very unlikely you are using an antibacterial filter. This is a special filter in addition to the one on the side of your machine, and is in-line in the tube. Please reset that to NO as it significantly changes the machine response. I agree with Fred's previous observation that your obstructive apnea is largely positional, and once you resolve the "chin-tucking" it will take less pressure to do much better. Once you start using a soft cervical collar, I expect we will cut back on IPAP pressure which will reduce the central events that are likely arising from CO2 wash-out.

Read the soft cervical collar wiki and notice how your chart resembles the other examples http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Also read the wiki on positional apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds to me like the DME or where ever you got this machine was confused on how to set this up and thought it was an auto pressure machine and not a fixed pressure machine. Do you have your sleep study report and prescription you could post with no personal details displayed
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning!
I have received quality sleep the past 2 nights thanks to you!  I also have a screen shot to show you this time.

Last night I had less than 2 AHI per hour!!  The night before less than 3.  I feel so much better today.  

I had to bump up the pressure on the EPAP side due to feeling like I was smothering the first night.  So it is set on IPAP 17 and EPAP 12.2 for now
It is harder to breathe out at first but once I fall asleep I do not wake up till morning.  It has been years since I slept this good.

THANK YOU so much!!
Nita

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nitaslenz Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Moving from 18.6/8.0 pressure to 17/12.2 is a big change, and pressure support has gone from 10.4 cm to 4.8, which is much closer to what we would expect. You made the right changes, and your results look a lot better. Thanks for the update on your progress. Your events are still primarily OA so higher EPAP may be needed, and it looks like a pressure support between 4 and 5 cm should be maintained, so if you increase EPAP, also increase IPAP by the same amount.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 95 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 992 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 157 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,272 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 435 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.