Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(Neo2020 Therapy) Starting out on AirCurve ASV
(Neo2020 Therapy) Starting out on AirCurve ASV
My provider put me on the DS1 10 days ago and am moving over to the ASV, model above vauto. I don't have centrals. Here is my last results from the DS1
[Image: e9AFq37.jpg]

And here is maybe a fluke from when I first got the ASV. I made the mistake of putting off my CPAP. Just need to finetune pressures. Have thought about bringing min epap down to 4 for easier exhale
[Image: ot7YnLy.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: (Neo2020 Therapy) Starting out on AirCurve ASV
If you don't have CA/Central Apnea, why are you on ASV? The ASV is to treat what you say you don't have, the Centrals. So as you say you don't have CA, you're saying you don't need ASV, and that also says you're on the wrong machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted a vauto and the ASV was only available at the time 2nd hand at a good price, otherwise I would have grabbed the Vauto had I came across one. Might still sell the ASV for the right money and get a good 2nd hand vauto. Will use it in the meantime and as such aiming to set it best I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, the big issue I'm seeing is your leak rate. Most all events are low otherwise. I think lowering EPAP further is going to bring in air starvation issues. If you're feeling difficulty exhaling against 5.6 EPAP, dropping to 4 isn't going to help much.

If I have it correct, if you're to have before you a glass of 8 inches of water, insert a straw and blow bubbles, that's the same as Max CPAP pressures of 20. If you do that easily, 5.6 should be real easy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to put my SD card in Thursday night. Got it Friday though and my lowest AHI yet. no snoring. I upped min ipap to 8 and humidity set to 5 and 27C. Seemed to work well, tank used just over half and throat good. Still had 3 seep sessions during the night and only 4.5hrs. Be nice to get full 6-7hrs and uninterrupted. Only some minor tweeking now and not far off

[Image: oBB7Lo4.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board!

I would hope that an ASV would have better results, but I suspect it might have been possible to get the same sort of results without going beyond APAP. Ten days is almost nothing therapy-wise, and your last DS1 report wasn't super high. I'm still not sure why you wanted to move to VAuto in the first place, but I'm glad at least it's reduced your overall AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 248 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,259 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,332 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.