Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - Keep waking up constantly
New CPAP User - Keep waking up constantly
Hi guys,

I recently got a Resmed Airsense 10 after dealing with misdiagnosed mild sleep apnea for years.

My doc prescribed me a Resmed Airsense 10 and during the initial couple of weeks set my pressure at 6. However, after I complained of still waking up, she gradually moved my pressure to 7.4 with an EPR of 3.

However, I still wake up constantly in the early morning between 3-7 am with the urge to pee or toss and turn a lot. Is this due to the pressure or something?

If anyone has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User - Keep waking up constantly
I have the opposite problem: Wake up a lot in the first half, sleep much better in the second half. Initially, this was diagnosed as being RLS-related, later as a sleep-hygiene problem. If you can "walk-off" the urge to toss in a few minutes and then go back to sleep, it might be RLS.

I suspect my sleep doc would also suggest that I try to cut back on the fluids before bed if I had to pee during the night.

In any case, it's worth discussing with your doc when you can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,369 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 282 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 387 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.