Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Check my new mask
Question 
Check my new mask
New user trying to get used to CPAP.  My first 2 masks were a bust. Found a third mask that I think is better, but it shows some leak (looks like 2.4 average).

1) is this leak ok, or go tighter?

2) Based on my first successful run, any setting change suggestions?

Getting some pretty long CA events... 22, 25 seconds. Enough to get my o2 sat down from 98-100 to 90-95.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Check my new mask
(02-03-2023, 11:21 AM)SleepingFish Wrote: New user trying to get used to CPAP.  My first 2 masks were a bust. Found a third mask that I think is better, but it shows some leak (looks like 2.4 average).

1) is this leak ok, or go tighter?

2) Based on my first successful run, any setting change suggestions?

Getting some pretty long CA events... 22, 25 seconds. Enough to get my o2 sat down from 98-100 to 90-95.

Hi, not sure what kind of mask you are using. But I found out that tighter isn't always better. If you are using a full face mask that has a foam cushion you might be squeezing it too much and it's not forming to your face. Not sure if this helps you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate looks fine.  Anything under 24 L/min is considered treated. 
Post Reply Post Reply
AirTouch™ F20 Full Face Mask

Yah very much was squeezing it too hard. Will back off a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 02:54 PM)SleepingFish Wrote: AirTouch™ F20 Full Face Mask

Yah very much was squeezing it too hard. Will back off a bit.

Hi, Thats the mask I use also. I did the same thing you did and tried to tighten it too much. Plus when I put it on sometimes, I have to pull on the foam a little to get it to seal better. Especially by the bridge of the nose.  I do this to help with the seal and I hate it when I can hear the leak and I get the air hitting my eyes or face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it for seal.

Now for settings. Do I need to change any settings? I had a ton of events still..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 158 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 136 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 203 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,728 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,046 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 422 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using a CPAP to check sleep apnea Pierrec83 2 421 09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: jwest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.