Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP machine - Löwenstein Prisma 20A
New CPAP machine - Löwenstein Prisma 20A
Hi all,
After a long time, my old Philips DreamStation Auto had to be put out to pasture, so time for a new CPAP. My local sleep lab used to do Resmed machines, but stopped doing them. Apparently the newer models of Resmed AirSense 10 (11 isn't released here yet), the quality control has dropped significantly. Philips also had issues with recalls, and I ended up getting a Löwenstein Prisma 20A (made in Germany) on their recommendation. So far, it has been a lot more quiet than the Dreamstation, but it is built like a TANK.

Has anyone else had experience with the Löwenstein machines?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP machine - Löwenstein Prisma 20A
We see these machines on the forum from time to time and of course they are very good quality made in Germany. They are expensive in most markets and seem to provide good therapy. The biggest drawback is that we don't have the ability to import the data into Oscar, however the data from the Lowenstein software seems reasonably detailed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My impression is that the blower is so damn good, smooth and quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
The blower is really good, powerful but quiet. It's quieter than my old DreamStation. I also like how the machine starts when you take a breath, and how it turns off when you take the mask off. It's quite a clever machine. It's built like a damn tank, but we all know that German build quality is second to none.

Another thing interesting is that unlike most CPAP machines, it doesn't use a plate for the humidifier, it uses a rod that is fully removable. You can even wash the humidifier in the dishwasher after removing the rod. It also disables the humidifier when the water runs out, preventing damage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a Prisma 20A after trialling an Airsense 10 Autoset for a month.  Just seems to me sooo much smoother than the Resmed, and whisper quiet.

I have slept soundly since being on the Primsa, never once being woken feeling like the machine is trying to inflate me like a balloon.

The machine seems super solid, and the touch screen interface is nice, if a bit basic.

The Prisma phone app is inadequate, but the Prisma TS PC software makes up for it.  It's fantastic.

Downsides: the prismaAQUA humidifier is a bit awkward to close after filling.  And the heated hose seems a bit stiff - it's definitiely not as compliant as the Resmed hose, and just a bit more work to get it in the right spot in bed.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Primsa 20A, and hoping it will give me many years reliable service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 112 03-27-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 88 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.