Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP machines
RE: New CPAP machines
A CPAP machine marketed to the user rather than the DME.

Make that one change and the rest will follow (provided they have merit). Coffee
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plain and simple 12V power input without need for expensive "converters". Or even 24 I could live with, but 12 is so much more common...

Maybe the ability to plug in both abattery and the mains in different sockets so it would automatically switch over in the event of a failure and revert to mains on power restoration. Wait. DeVillbiss already did that...

Move the FDA off of top dead center and make them NO-Rx, OTC equipment.

Eliminate CPAP only mode machines (all entry level units APAP with CPAP mode if desired). Supports the NO Rx paradigm by allowing self titraiton for most folkses.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, on the machine's display, the night's data resets at noon. I would like the ability to determine my own time for the reset.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2019, 01:08 PM)Cpapian Wrote: Currently, on the machine's display,  the night's data resets at noon.  I would like the ability to determine my own time for the reset.

The noon to noon day is hard coded into the machine.  The only way I know of to fool it is to change the machine's time to cover your sleep session.  

Suppose that you sleep from 6am to 3pm local time.  If you set the CPAP back 6 hours, then it would think that you are sleeping from midnight to 9am. . . Easily within the same day.

Oops Edit Update:  It would REALLY help if I noticed the thread topic before I made a post   .  .  ..Sorry Cpapian.  Oops
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2019, 05:47 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Number one priority, as I live in an arid climate:
- A larger humidifier tub, or an ability to use a larger humidifier tub.

Sometimes I want to sleep longer than 7 hours. And I'd like to not awake to burnt popcorn smell, when I'm trying to enjoy sleeping.

To build on this idea - but NOT to replace this idea - I'd like a sensor that would automatically shut off the humidifier when it runs out of water.  My $20 essential oil diffuser can do this; so there's no excuse for a $1000+ machine to not have this function.

Yes, would be great to have an option to use a larger tub, and if the heat automatically turns off or reduces when tub temperature rises too high. These are my largest problems.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to be able to set my own pressure and change my mask settings.
To be able to do that, a good speech read out would be in order.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Would having an app on your phone read out the settings as you changed them solve that problem, Trish6hundred?

Since some machines have Bluetooth already, and it's pretty cheap to add when you have cell or wifi in the machine.

It sounds like a thing that the ADA people could bring up with the manufacturers...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 499 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,160 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,023 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 753 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.