Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user with OSCAR data
RE: New CPAP user with OSCAR data
Hi DeepBreathing and others.  I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

I have been using the F30 mask with 5 days of 100% mask fit, still snoring and waking up quite a few times at night.

I have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet to use from tonight, through the weekend.

I have done some searching on here, but I wanted to ask your opinion if you have time.  How would you recommend that I have the settings for the first night.  I have the pressures set the same as the Philips Dreamstation.

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Mx Guy. For your first night on the Resmed, keep the same settings as the Philips. That had your apnea completely under control, so comfort and leaks were the key issues to work on. It sounds like the new mask has fixed the leaks.

There is a new version of OSCAR just released - you might like to download it and see if the detailed statistics on your Philips have changed. There were some anomalies (eg insp time / exp time) which may have been affecting your sleep, but I think they were probably a bug in the software. Oscar now has a new Philips module which should have overcome the bugs.

I'd be very interested to hear how you like the Resmed compared to the Philips!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning! I downloaded the new software and used the DreamStation another night, and last night I used the ResMed AirSense.  I have attached the data.  Does the data from the ResMed appear accurate?  Is it showing the I had no Obstructive Apnea events?  I am still getting used to reading and interpreting the data.

Thank you again for your help and guidance.  What can I do to repay you for your help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good! Out of curiosity, do you feel better after using one machine over the other? Resmed's algorithm responds faster in an effort to over come OAs and Hypopneas, so yes I would believe the Resmed data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2020, 07:59 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looking good!   Out of curiosity, do you feel better after using one machine over the other?  Resmed's algorithm responds faster in an effort to over come OAs and Hypopneas, so yes I would believe the Resmed data.

Thank you for looking at this.  I am glad to hear that it looks good.  This is all new to me, and something that I have known about for 10+ years, but have never taken the time to deal with it.

So, right when I woke up this morning I felt really good.  I wondered if I actually felt better or just thought I felt better because of what I had read about the machine.  Like a placebo effect.  But after seeing the data, and you looking at it, I believe that I actually slept better.  

I try to keep my posts short and simple.  But, I had several times that I woke up from small mask leaks last night.  This had not happened before, once I switched to the F30 mask.  I am going to fit the mask better tonight.

One other thing, the machine is used, has only 1000 hours on it.  It is very clean, and I thoroughly cleaned it as well.  New tube, new filter, my mask.  But...every time I woke up last night the air smelled almost moldy or musty.  Now, I got in a hurry last night and did not clean the new tube, so maybe the tube just has a weird smell??  I am hoping that the machine doesn't have mold inside of it.  I have googled and read on here and can't decide what to try to internally disinfect/clean it.  Obviously I don't want to be breathing in mold, but also the smell kept getting my attention and thoughts any time I woke up last night.

Thank you again for looking at this and helping.  It really does mean a lot to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All.  I have a new ResMed machine and used it for the first time last night.  Any recommendations on changing pressures based on what you see here?  I was wondering if I need to change the EPR settings, because of the number of CA events. 

Also, if you look at my logs with the DreamStation, it showed that I had a lot of snoring (which I do snore a lot).  But with the ResMed it shows very little snoring.  Is it actually working that much better (that is why I wanted it), or is it not as sensitive at recording the snoring?

I am appreciative of any advice and input.  I feel like my memory, mood, attitude and motivation have greatly improved, but I actually feel more tired when I first wake up, and for the first hour or 2.

THANK YOU!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
MX Guy - That doesn't look bad at all.  Since this data is your first night with the Resmed and its algorithms, I would stay with these settings for a few days.  They could be treatment emergent CA's and will dissipate as your body adapts to the Resmed.  Look at the Events tab and Expand the Clear Airway heading to see their length.  I'm hoping most are 20 seconds or less.   Sleep-well

Oh!, I almost forgot. How do you feel?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I was also thinking what you advised. Adjust to the machine for a few days and see. I felt tired when I woke up, but overall I feel much better. Better mood, attitude, motivation.

I looked at the events, if the length of the event is in parentheses, then 3 were for 22-23 seconds, and the rest were less than 20 seconds.

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 7 32 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 360 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.