Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamstation Auto Bipap - lost on support settings
RE: New Dreamstation Auto Bipap - lost on support settings
That's a lot better and yes if you can string a few days more it will be noticable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

One last question.  Now that she wore the collar the whole night, here we are.  Should we stay at these pressures until something changes?

I do appreciate all of the advice. Not sure cervical collar would have made my list of top 100 things to try. Anybody else reading this, give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to see some random zoomed in shots of the flow rate, just to see what the wave looks like at a 2-3 minute resolution. With AHI beaten back to basically nothing, the only remaining task is to find what is comfortable and produces the most satisfying sleep. That feedback has to come from her. We can reduce pressure, change pressure support or any number of things. There was just a huge positional issue and it seems fully resolved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

First was during a high flow rate.  Second was during a low flow rate period and third covers the only CA event of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the first chart we see some flow limited breaths, but mostly good sync, breath rate and volume. The flattened and downward sloping peaks are the ones where breathing is supported by the machine. The second chart has good strong inspiratory peaks and expiration. Respiration rate is a little faster here, and this may be a REM period. In the third shot there is a CA in the middle, and it looks like sync with the machine is less than optimal. There is good inspiration and expiration appears a bit truncated, coming back to zero flow quickly with some possible cardiogenic oscillations at the zero flow crossover http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cillations Not a problem. After the CA event we see pressure support back off and more flow limitation and poorer tidal volume starts to be seen. I like the higher pressure support, but understand why the algorithm backs off after a CA. This is the only hint we have that the higher pressure support is beneficial and needs to be maintained throughout therapy.

The zoomed views are actually reassuring to me and look pretty good. They do not point to a need for changing any settings. You can go back and compare these to the "before collar" flows, and I think you will see a big difference. Thanks for posting the closeups.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Just a question regarding this result. Is all of that garbage with snoring, really snoring? I hardly hear her snore.  Is that all some positional related thing?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That could be the Respironics picking up hose vibrations or similar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 270 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,330 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 248 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 162 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 506 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.