Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New High Score!!
Grin 
New High Score!!
This is the only place I could post this picture where anyone would get it.  Smile

[Image: IMG_1588.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New High Score!!
Congratulations.

You're probably doing better than 98% of the people who use CPAP.

I'm personally at 78% compliance over the last 6 months, and I'm probably doing better than average.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's fantastic, well done! 

Just yesterday I was reading the results of the Vamonos Study (a large Veterans Affairs study) that was recently published. 

http://jcsm.aasm.org/ViewAbstract.aspx?pid=30970

Here's an excerpt, I highlighted the part that deals with median usage in particular. 

"OSA was diagnosed in approximately 738 patients and CPAP was initiated in 718 patients; median duration of therapy was 5 months.

Patients with OSA used CPAP therapy for a median duration of 4.8 h, 34.5% of the nights. 

Adherence to CPAP was pre specified as follows: good (≥ 70% nights and ≥ 4 h/night), excellent (≥ 80% nights and ≥ 6 h/night)
 or outstanding (≥ 90% of nights and 8 h/night).

Based on objective data, good, excellent, and outstanding compliance were found in only 30%, 20%, and 6%, respectively."

So you're doing wonderfully,  congratulations!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done! I fell short, at 363 out of 365 days in the past year, both due to red-eye flights. I had no idea general compliance is as low as it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your hours are very good.
Your Use every night is very good, excellent in fact.
Your pressure is fine.
Your leak rate is good compared to mine!!
But what you have not told us is your AHI?

But well done on your usage.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here’s the rest of the story....

[Image: 26C2222A-741F-4633-9836-4A590AD13FA9-e15...21398.jpeg]
Post Reply Post Reply
congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
Miastar your a member now so should be able to post links to your charts
Post Reply Post Reply
I have, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 295 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.