Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New How To for Forum Abbreviations
New How To for Forum Abbreviations
I am procrastinating working again.

I created a new How-To for forum acronyms and abbreviations. These are different than the CPAP and Sleep Apnea short hand (which is a page in the wiki).

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...reviations

These include OP, IMHO, and just a few others. If you have more, please let me know in this thread, that one, or in PM (which is also included).

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New How To for Forum Abbreviations
Ah, very nice.

IMHO, AFAIK IRL these come in very handy FWIW.

BTW, if I find more, I'll PM you (the OP). IIRC, there are more out there, but some are NSFW.

Of course, in RL I don't use these a whole lot, so YMMV, and if you find my suggestions stupid, well then, NVM.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula,
Thank you for the abreviations page.
I wondered what some of those ment, (Ha-Ha,)VERY helpful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SS - remember the hammer? I will use it again.

Trish - if you have any others, let me know and I'll look them up. Too bad your screenreader can't translate for you! Or, maybe that's a good thing it doesn't.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
It's kind of like the different levels of braille, (contraction/sign,) brl.) There is grade 1, (everything spelled out in longhand,) Grade 1&1/2, (with some contractions but most things still spelled out ,) grade 2, ( More contractions and most every word with one or more contractions, (signs,) in it, and then there is grade 3 braille, which is braille ( shorthand, . For example you spell the word castle, (casl, or something like that. I never really learned grade 3 braille because I had enough trouble with grades 1, 1&1/2, and grade 2.
Are ya dizzy yet (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha?) It's just another language of sorts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried once a long time ago to learn Braille but gave up. Morse code was easier!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know what you mean, braille is complicated, for sure. Then you get the do-gooders who get together and change the braille codes again for example, the old dollar sign used to be low d numbersign and they later changed it to dot4 s, I know that's greek but I was just pointing out that THEY can't leave things alone, (Ha-Ha.) When I was explaining the changes they made, I was going according to the braille sell which has 6 dots, it has 8 dots in computer braille, WOW, complicated, I know. It makes me dizzy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 687 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,587 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,742 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 500 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,715 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.