Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine Advice Please
New Machine Advice Please
I am an old salt at this which is to say my last machine was steam powered, or close to it.  A brief history I was diagnosed two decades back with sleep apnea, OSA, and was put on a Cpap machine at a 17 setting and adjusted to 20, didn't help.  My OSA became so life threatening that I had UP3 surgery which lowered my setting significantly to 7.  I had to change to a Bipap after the surgery as without the soft palate and all I had a problem with the cpap and constant pressure in the exhale.  Now, almost two decades later I am about to get my third machine and man have they advanced since my last one.  My issue is primarily OSA with no CSA to the best of my memory.  From reading posts I have picked up on these two machines that may be the best fit for my issues.  Please advise if I am on track or way off in my research.  I am techie and would be a quick study to learn settings/reporting software and such.

Aircurve 10V Auto Bilevel

Dreamstation AutoBipap w/Biflex

Oh and War Eagle!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine Advise Please
War Eagle, No questions about the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. The compact form-factor, comfort, responsiveness and data are unequaled by anything else on the market. I think once you see the data from the machine, you can do some optimizations, but for the most part the Vauto is very good once you have the pressure range and pressure support sorted out. As an extra bonus, you will also be able to make adjustments to minimum and maximum time of inspiration and the trigger and cycle sensitivity that controls the pressure changes from inhale to exhale (IPAP/EPAP). No way to really go wrong with this choice, and the only potential drawback is the machine is powered on a proprietary AC adapter cord that provides 24 Volt DC power. There are many battery packs that work with the Resmed, but you need a 12 to 24 Volt DC-DC adapter that is a $70 cost the Dreamstation does not require. On the other hand, you're really going to like the travel case compared to Respironics.

As a "techie", be sure to request the informative Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto clinical manual https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual and don't hesitate to download and install the OSCAR software (Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter). This is the kind of data you can look forward to working with:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4414]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, Thank you for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
without question 
Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,543 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,553 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 332 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 471 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 295 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,034 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.