Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New. Need help interpreting data
New. Need help interpreting data

Hi and thank you for taking time to answer. I have been on CPAP since December 2022, so almost 6 months. I have screenshots (3) of a recent day. I chose May 28, 2023 as it was unusual in recording Cheyne Stokes breathing. That has not shown up on any other day, ever. 

My overall ahi average over 6 months is 3.4 per hour. I am unsure of what these data charts mean in simple terms.

PS: I have requested a proper hospital sleep study as I do have both OSA and some CSA.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New. Need help interpreting data
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18250216/
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You don't have enough central events to be of concern.
Around 2pm you have a couple clusters of obstructive events, this implies a likely positional problem, you chin tucking into your chest. Is this is not a regular occurance just ignore it. If it is an ongoing problem start with your pillow situation. Think 1 vs 2 pillows, flatter/ less firm to allow a better cervical position. Look at the wiki article to see what a bad issue looks like and how it is fixed with a soft cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.  I did find a definition in this board's glossary suggesting that the recording showing CSR is most likely Periodic Breathing.  That was also good to know.  I have an in hospital sleep study being requisitioned, as my initial diagnosis was from an in home study 6 months ago.  Knowledge is power.

Thanks for all of you running this board.  This has been so helpful in my learning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 101 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 141 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,045 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 774 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.