Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Oscar User
Idea 
New Oscar User
Amazing program!  Very straightforward and user friendly.  Much respect for the developers.  I have learned so much so quickly and I have already saved myself some embarrassment by not believing what my upcoming sleep study will probably expose.  Since day one, I have had my doubts in some areas of the results.  I will probably donate to this forum quickly.  I was able to upload from dreamstation and O2Ring almost effortless.  
     Question though: I have the opportunity to buy and get reimbursed for new BiPap machine shortly.  Which is better and what are the advantages of one over another for Aircurve 10 and Aircurve 11, please?
     Also, I wish in all these programs there was a way to record vocal descriptions of events during a sleep session: clearing throat from mucus, snorting to clear mucus, roll over from one side to another, pause Bipap or SPO2 oximeter to go to bathroom, mask dislodged momentarily, and others.
Thank you so much for this opportunity,
TinytiMmy Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Oscar User
Based on experience from this forum and one other source (LankyLefty?), I chose the Aircurve 10. My ultimate deciding factors:
--the Aircurve 11 is reported to be easy to tip over if you tug the hose, because the hose socket doesn't rotate; this was a deal breaker for me, since it is not rare for me to tug at the hose in the night.
--evidently the humidifier tank on the Aircurve 11 is smaller than the 10. This doesn't work for me, because I need all the water in the 10 for 8 hours of sleep.

You can't pause a biPAP while you go to the bathroom because there's a clock on it, and you can't pause time. Sadly.
There is a way for the machine to stop if you unmask and then re-start when you mask up. It's called SmartStart. Do not use it! It's extremely erratic, may malfunction, and you may not even be aware because you're half asleep. I spent a whole night masked up with the unit not producing any air, because SmartStart had turned it off.
Instead, click the off button once, detach from the hose (I keep the mask on), and click the machine again when you return. On the Aircurve biPAP 10 it's easy to see if you're getting therapy, because a window shows it in action, with a bar graph, in out in out in out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Oscar User
The AirCurve 11 has a smaller motor and folks say that it's louder. I would for sure go for the 10.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new user 2weeks in oscar data bg1987 11 402 06-29-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bg1987
  New user oscar results suggestions SaskRiverRat 5 358 06-12-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: SaskRiverRat
  Help with Oscar and settings please, new user bettyryan 25 1,176 05-25-2024, 03:18 AM
Last Post: bettyryan
  User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request sethypoo 2 303 05-23-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 419 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 384 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 905 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.