Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Oscar user
RE: New Oscar user
Here are the requested random 5 minute views.  These are much easier to decipher once the limits were changed.

Considering I have less than a month on my new machine, the VAuto may have to wait until all avenues have been pursued.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you think you need a VAuto, build a case for it either by way of therapy issues, or lacking comfort, or both. Note what's wrong, what therapy lacks, what's not comfortable, etc. This is what you tell the doc. If it comes down to making the change happen, only convey the negative on your AutoSet therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Increased minimum pressure to 8 and EPR set at 3.

For the first time, I had every type of event throughout the night!  Needless to say, the sleep quality was not great at all.  I slept great until about 1:30, then I just couldn't get meaningful sleep.  I did have a lot going on in my mind, so I am hoping that may have contributed to the added events.  

Do any of the numbers indicate a sleep position issue?  Mask issue?  

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
This level of centrals is usually ok, your flow limits are under control. Your numbers are good.

How do you feel? Changed going forward should be based on your perceptions

.before you look at your data, including the display on your machine as you turn it off, record, write down how you feel.
This is to prevent an influence of numbers in how you feel. Be critical.
Then feel free to look at your data.

So tomorrow after not looking at your data tell us how you feel, and do post a screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon and whomever wants to provide feedback,

I have not looked at my data, but will attach it after I complete the review.   I cannot than you enough for taking time to review and provide suggestions to improve our sleep.  I wish the doctors would attack the process like many on this board.

How I felt:
* Went to bed exhausted after a day full of honey-do's.
* Felt odd as I had to spend the majority of the night on my left side.  Breathing sheetrock dust will do that to ya.
* I woke at 1 am, with my mind thinking is was 5 or 6 am.
* Struggled to get meaningful sleep the remainder of the night.  Lots of moving after 3:30, which seem like a nightly occurrence.
* There were times that it felt like I was "fighting" to inhale.  Almost like breathing through a straw.  Same issue the night before.  
* Historically, when I sleep like this, my numbers are better.  When I get what I feel is good sleep is when the numbers are higher.
* Minimum pressure 8, EPR 3
* Don't have that "sluggish" feeling.  

Quite surprised at the numbers.  Interesting to say the least.  That is my lowest AHI and hypopnea number.  Conversely, it my is my highest obstructive event night, which is not a complaint.  

Thanks again for the guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.