Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ - NO DATA?
New RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ - NO DATA?
Hi all.  My first post.  

I picked up my CPAP (RemStar Pro with C-Flex+) from the DME supplier last Friday and I waited a few days before trying to look at the data via sleepyhead (first time user of that too).  While the import process reports "51 records imported" I see nothing in the actual display / graphs showing anything useful has been captured. 

I've noodled around a bit in the sleephead data folder and I can see it has picked up some info from the card (various XML files) which show the serial number and such.  So.. it's definitely picked up something.  

Is there any way to find out if the appropriate usage data is being recorded / imported?

Thanks

-Liam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ - NO DATA?
Note: Just noticed there is another forum specifically for "software" issues like this. Sorry for missing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll move this to the Software Support Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
So I installed Encore Basic to see if that looked any different as far as data. When I get to the "Download" step it gives an error "The card data is not valid and was not saved. Contact product support for assistance".

SO I am guessing maybe the card is corrupt. Should I erase the card and re-initialize or will this mess up my CPAP?

Thanks for any insights and help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Liam, the Philips Respironics System One 60 series CPAPs were discontinued over a year ago, and the current model is the Dreamstation. I hate to say, but it sounds like you got a discontinued older machine, and it might be worth checking the run hours. If you were given a used machine (and probably over-charged), you might want to return that unit for a current model Auto CPAP. The machine hours cannot be reset, and since you are new, you will know that a higher number of blower hours than therapy hours, you got someone else's machine. You would probably be happier with an auto CPAP, especially the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I think seeing 51 records imported suggests there may even be data on your machine that is not yours.

The PRS1 CPAP Pro DS460XX is data capable. The non-data machine from that series was the DS260XX.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 02:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Liam, the Philips Respironics System One 60 series CPAPs were discontinued over a year ago, and the current model is the Dreamstation.  I hate to say, but it sounds like  you got a discontinued older machine, and it might be worth checking the run hours.  If you were given a used machine (and probably over-charged), you might want to return that unit for a current model Auto CPAP.  The machine hours cannot be reset, and since you are new, you will know that a higher number of blower hours than therapy hours, you got someone else's machine.  You would probably be happier with an auto CPAP, especially the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.   I think seeing 51 records imported suggests there may even be data on your machine that is not yours.

The PRS1 CPAP Pro DS460XX is data capable.  The non-data machine from that series was the DS260XX.

Ahh.  Very interesting.  The DME were a bit "shady" in terms of many of the things they said to me - including when I checked how much they would charge my insurance they had it shown as $1500 - I had them change it down to $800 (of which I'll pay no more than 20%)... then on pickup they had the same info on the forms they had me sign (which I had them change before I would agree to pickup).  

They claimed the unit was brand new too.  Are the machine hours different to therapy hours?  I can only see Therapy hours on the Info displays - and that's off anyway as it says "5:18" and I've been using it for the past three nights for >5 hours each night.  Or is that an average?

EDIT: I now found the machine hours... which it has listed as >74.  If that represents the amount of time it's been used (as in blower operating) that is indeed a lot more than I have used it for over the past three nights.  So.. it's not an "excessively" used unit.. but would indicate some use before me.  

In the meantime.. is it OK do you think to re-initialize the data card?

By the way a little bit of history.  I used to be a CPAP user some years ago (2009-2011).. but "cured" myself by losing weight (70lbs).. alas it's all now back.. and I realized a few months ago I really needed a CPAP again.  As it was going to take 2-3 months to get through the insane level of insurance / testing before I would get one I actually found a brand new APEX XT APAP ($200) on craigslist and I've been using that for the past few months until I got the "official" version under my insurance.  So I can always go back to THAT (which was working just fine).  I would also say this "new" CPAP also seems to be working for me (in how I feel).. but I really want to check out the data (which I was doing with the Apex).  

And finally.. if the "new" Respironics is in fact "used"... I'll definitely want to have a word with the DME.  

Thanks for the response.  VERY HELPFUL.

p.s. I have the 460p.. so I think that means it's data capable.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, a new Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto DSX500T11 can be had for under $400 on Amazon, and the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is $440 to $519 depending on the day. I prefer the latter.

My complaint would be that you got a discontinued CPAP with some hours on it. They did that because they saw "sucker" written on your face. Sorry, but had you come here first, we would have alerted you to the common tricks. Most of us insist on an Auto CPAP because the billing code is the same whether they sell you a discontinued fixed CPAP or the latest auto CPAP.

Your unit is a good CPAP machine. The 60 Series was out there from 2012 to 2015, but has been superseded, and the older 60 series were sold cheap as discontinued items. The later 460 models also had an Auto IQ mode that allowed users to try auto CPAP to set pressures. I would take a look at the therapy information on the machine and set it to 30 days. It will tell you how many days of use are there, and provide averages of use, AHI and other information. If more than your data is there, you should reset the user data, or return the machine. You can get the free provider manual for the PRS1 CPAP Pro st the the link for Setup Manuals http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual This will show you how to fully access all the menus and settings.

I'm not a fan of the APEX Auto, mostly because it uses a proprietary software for data. It is a relative newcomer to the U.S. and marketed mostly in Asia until a couple years ago. They are inexpensive, and most customers can get good results. There may be some reviews in the review section of the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for confirming I'm a sucker.  Ouch.  Alas... things went the way they did.  Sorry I didn't have the foresight to come here for the wisdom.  But then.. that's why I'm a sucker I guess.  It's written all over my face
Post Reply Post Reply
Liam, my poorly worded post was not directed as an insult to you, but was frustration with the medical system that gets away with unfair deception. You have a reasonable expectation that your medical equipment provider is looking out for you, not their bottom line. I'm sorry to have made it look otherwise. The good news is, there is really not much difference between your machine and the new Dreamstation other than cosmetics / form-factor. You will get full data, and most of the same features. I hope you will not be discouraged by what I said, or by the fact your DME gave you a machine with some age on it.

I look forward to helping you get the best results possible, and wish you the best of luck with your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 278 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 344 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,699 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,105 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 1,004 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 3,093 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,295 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.