Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Autoset 10 User - OSCAR & Settings
New Resmed Autoset 10 User - OSCAR & Settings
Hi everyone,

I'm a new firsttime Cpap user.  42y/o M, recently diagnosed with Moderate Sleep Apnea AHI of 16.  The sleep doc prescribed a Cpap machine, so I went ahead and purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with P10 mask, and have been using it for about a week. I didn't get any starting settings prescribed from my doc, only a script for a machine.  I have the sleep study though, maybe there's info there to start?

Here's my oscar data from last night.  I've played around with the settings a bit, but I'm sure there's further adjustments to be made.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Can80an
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed Autoset 10 User - OSCAR & Settings
Welcome to the forum. You've done well in choosing settings and are responding well with an AHI of only 0.99. I see no need to make any changes. How do you feel?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I’m feeling alright, but no revelations have been noticed yet in terms of energy or restfulness etc.
I’m more curious if anything jumps out from the Oscar data, and I sort of assumed that I’d have to tweak the settings from the original numbers I chose in order to optimize my therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
That you're feeling all right and have a good AHI are good. It may take a while before you feel well rested. It's good that your apnea is well controlled.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 113 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 223 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.