Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Help Please
RE: New User Help Please
Bonjour and DeepSleeping,

Thank you both so much for this information. I had a feeling something was not going the right way, or should I say all of my incremental attempts made what was already bad worse.

I have just called to make a follow up with my Doctor. I will as said post the most recent test done in May as soon as I get it, it needs to be sent to me from the Doctors office the sleep lab will not provide it directly. I have already been looking at the machine you recommended. I hope to have the Doctor speed the process of getting one asap. I believed that cannot be purchased directly without a prescription correct ? In any event any other information you can provide me to use in the next  Doctors appt. would be appreciated.

Thanks so much to both of you and OpalRose as well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Again,

I searched for "justifying advanced" but had no luck if you have a moment can you please send me the link ? thanks in advance. I finally received my latest sleep study from May please see below. I will now work on improving my charts and send a recent screen shot thereafter. Thanks again.
PS sorry for the amount of screen shots but it seemed like the only way. 

[attachment=13889][attachment=13890][attachment=13891][attachment=13892][attachment=13893]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Agan,
Unfortunately I was unable to add the other 4 screen shots into the last reply so here they are then these will provide you with all of the information from the last study. 

Thanks 

[attachment=13895][attachment=13894][attachment=13896][attachment=13897]
Post Reply Post Reply
That says a lot.

Your at-home sleep study said you have Mixed/Central Apnea.
Your latest study says that you DO NOT have Central Apnea.
These are my readings, not the labs.
Per the latest study, I would conclude that you are having Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea, virtually no Obstructive Apnea, and significant Flow limitations with significant RERAs
Per the Original home study, I would conclude that you that your Central Apnea is always there, that it is Not Treatment-emergent.

We have been mentioning, on other threads, that a characteristic of Central Apnea is that it is consistent at being inconsistent.  I think that we have an example of this showing up in sleep studies here.  

IMHO you should have been given a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset vs your PR DreamStation, based on your latest sleep study, as ResMed is a much better machine to work with Flow Limitations.

I still believe that ASV is likely in your future.  The latest study could slow that down though, just because you had a "very good night" during your study.

here is the link

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Bonjour,

Please find my last two nights screen shots. Although I am just starting to learn to read them a bit, they seem to confirm your last comment that the CA's are consistently inconsistent.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine reports large leaks, and not insignificant ones.  I think you'll have to revisit your choice of mask or the way you use it, perhaps both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response, I do find myself waking up with tons of air blowing around my mouth, I thought as a mouth breather this mask was the ticket. I am thinking of trying a more conventional full face mask. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll let Bonjour tell you, but now I'm seeing strong indications of positional apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone is giving you solid info. And I hope your doctor is good, to help you get to the machine you need (it's a stepping process, to get insurance to be willing to pay for the machine you need).

Mask is very personal, as your face is unique in its curvatures and comfort. So you'll have to experiment to find what works best for you, to keep a seal. A good DME will give you a 30 day trial, during which you can come in and switch out your mask until you find something that works for you. (My DME lets me have 30 days with a mask, during which time I can trade it in for a different mask and my 30 days starts over!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Your last 2 nights do definitely show positional apnea from chin tucking. The soft cervical collar is a good choice for eliminating that but I'd say take 3 days and see if you can manage the chin tucking without a c-collar. Then go to the collar. Just work on eliminating it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,129 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,217 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.