Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Optimization Help Please!
RE: New User - Optimization Help Please!
If you were to add to the EERS length, I'd incrementally increase it up by 6 inches. I'd not add 12 inches as it may add too much. I would change pressure as you feel the need to do so, that includes EPR. It looks like right now the CA is better but is still the dominating event count on this one night. CA can change per night, so I think we need to build a trend to get a good idea what's going on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is fine to add an additional 6" segment at this time.  The progress looks very promising.  I will have to add a link to this thread from the EERS wiki. Thanks for sharing your experience with EERS.  Let's compare the current before and after:

Before:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24523]

Current with 6" EERS

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25327]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Corr-A-Flex tubing that I received was already pre-cut and I could not find a way to seal two pieces (any suggestions?). I am contacting the vendor (MedicinalSupplies.com) to see if they can send me 3 ft of uncut tubing. 

I could not find the tubing on Amazon. Would you be able to send me a link if you were the one that suggested the materials on the Wiki?

Last night I unconsciously removed my mask again after 2 hours. Will try again tonight! But I've added the pressure to 10 and EPR to 3.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support!
Post Reply Post Reply
I see individual pieces selling on Amazon for ridiculous prices like $7 for 6-inch segment, but it is sold in rolls of 100 feet for about $16. Looking on Ebay, there "several vendors of 72 inch lengths with free shipping for $8.25
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect. I contacted the same vendor I had purchased the other individual pieces from and they pointed me towards the correct product. $1.87 for 6 feet + $6.75 ($8.62 shipped) for USPS First-Class Priority Shipping - a little less than any of the Ebay vendors (>$8.79 shipped to a state with 6% sales tax)

Previously, it was shipped earlier than expected and I've had a great experience with Anton. 
Perhaps if you're adding different purchasing options on the Wiki page, you can include this. I think it would be helpful for others looking into EERS. 

I'll update when I receive the new tubing and have reliable data! Thanks again, ApneaBoard community (special thanks for the suggestions and advice, SleepRider)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! 

It's been a while since I've updated things. Unfortunately, it's not so much that my sleep has improved per se, but more so that things got really busy with work & career development. 

However, I am back! I've been using 3 6in spacers to add more rebreathing space. For the most part, I do feel a difference between not using my CPAP at all, to using it. My apneas/CAs has gone down with the addition of extra tubing, but I still somewhat rely on modafinil to keep myself awake. 

Attached are a few charts. I have more, so please let me know if it's helpful for other charts.

Does anyone have suggestions now? I've tried increasing rebreathing space, increasing min pressure, but I can't seem to get the apnea/CAs lower than 3-4.

It says I have met my quota of ~5 MB to attach more files...any suggestions on how to increase this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR data doesn't look too bad, as I've seen some that are a lot worse on the CA. I assume the EERS was used for this. So has sleep improved any?

Attachment quota, I don't think there are increased amounts. Try this however. Go to your UserCP and look at the bottom left for Misc. and then Manage Attachments. Look in there for your attachment list and delete all your old ones. See what the dates are and delete the oldest ones.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your attachment quota will automatically increase once you pass 20 posts and your membership level moves to "Preferred Member" status. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-explained
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, thank you.

I'll gather a bit more consistent data before I upload more.
Yes, I've been using EERS and it's been a bit better I think?
It could also be that I'm able to keep the mask on more consistently, able to get more consistent sleep...I'm still on modafinil daily and can feel a significant difference when I'm not on it...so ultimately, there's nothing conclusive other than that my AHI's have gone down from >5 to <5...

A few things unrelated to EERS -
I can tell a difference between a brand new cushion and one just 1 week old. I wash them around every 4-5 days in dish soap (I leave it soaking for the day while I am at work, then at night I rinse them off, let them dry a little, and then use it). I'm not sure if it's because the silicon is degrading or something else, but I have to tighten the mask to be able to maintain a good seal vs a new one where it's a lot more comfortable...
any suggestions?

Also, is there any harm in using a neck pillow? From a reply earlier in this thread, I was told I did not need it for the type of apnea's I was recording, but I think it may help me keep my chin up, which provides a better seal for me.

Lastly, what are the downsides to resetting my machine to factory settings? Because of DST, I tried changing the clock because my OSCAR was not uploading correctly. However, I kept making mistakes and pushing it even more forward...now I'm 3 days ahead haha. It's getting a bit too cumbersome to try to shift it little by little each day...what's so bad about resetting/clearing your CPAP, especially if you have all the data on the SD card?

Thanks in advance everyone! Happy holidays!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can tell the difference between a new cushion and one that is cleaned, but I get pretty good performance out of a cleaned cushion. My washing technique is to put some Dawn soap in my hands and wash the cushion between my hands, rinse, shake and put it back in the bedroom. Soaking may not be getting all of the oils out.

Use a neck pillow if it makes you more comfortable or you think it helps. There is no harm as long as it does not cause positional changes that are adverse to an open airway.

The only downside to a machine reset is you will lost the last few days of data. The best way may be to first download your data and review it. Then purge the data that is dated in the future from Oscar, reset the machine and wipe the card. The next import will start with the current date.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 342 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 396 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 530 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  New to CPAP, help with optimization spsalv 5 403 01-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: spsalv
  [Treatment] First stab at optimization Ferloft 5 621 12-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Ferloft
  Oxygen concentrator as non-medically indicated optimization? cyrial 3 485 06-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: cyrial

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.