Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]
RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]
CPAP should improve your sleep and reduce the number of sleep during sorceress breathing events you experience. I have not seen tour sleep study, but the AHI to beat is about 20 events per hour which is what you have on CPAP. That is totally unacceptable but if your sleep study showed 60 per hour this is better. The point is it’s not going to cure itself and you need appropriate therapy, whether you self fund it, change doctors or get your current medical team to do the right thing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. I have been waiting until after I get my 2nd Covid-19 shot to schedule the BiPap/ASV titration. Meanwhile, I notice that the OSCAR stats for the Statistics and Daily pages have slightly different numbers for total AHI and that the Daily page lists unclassified Apneas but it's not on the Statistics page. Also, the Hypopnea and Obstructive figures are slightly different.
I'm confused by this. Am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Frustrated
[attachment=32836][attachment=32836]Some days my AHI is not too bad (the monthly averages are around 6-8 due to CA and CSR) but others it is a combination of Clear Airways and CSR. My Pulmonologist wants me to stay on but I still I should have a BiLevel/ASV titration. I have attached last night and another from a few nights before.
My 02 levels are good as per my Wellue 02 Ring.
Appreciate you suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with having a titration test is that due to inconsistency of central events, you are very likely to be adequately treated by CPAP before bilevel or ASV is even tried. The tests are simply a snapshot, and will fail to justify ASV in mild cases. Remember the tests are not designed or intended to actually solve or even diagnose a problem, they are to minimize insurance exposure to more expensive machine options.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the prompt reply. So I should forget about going on ASV, at least on Medicare. Should I try a used machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wakeup 4 times at night to urinate and don’t feel rested in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frustrated
Continue or get used ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it depends on what the diagnostic revealed your CA count to be, duration of events, things like that. If you have severe CA like I do then a case for an ASV can be rather easily verified. Lesser CA on that test result means you need to fight even more than otherwise. Yes a used ASV may be great option if you can pay for it. If you do this, the ongoing ASV treatment is showing success will leverage an insurance covered ASV later.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much
Post Reply Post Reply
new ASV user -adjusting pressure on on Air Curve 10 ASV
A few months ago I switched from CPAP Resmed Airsense 10 to the AirCurve 10 ASV because I was getting mostly Centrals and CSRs.
My AHII has gone done but I still don’t feel rested. One of the problems is that I have to get up to urinate frequently during the night but most times I can fall back to sleep.
I use a full face mask Vitera and many nights mask leaks are a problem.
Are the leaks causing my poor scores or is the machine settings causing too much pressure which causes the leaks?
My settings are ASV Auto
Min Epap  5
Max Epap  15
Min PS       3
Max PS     15
I have upload 2 nights .
Looking forward to your guidance.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 462 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 131 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.