Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User with sleep results in
New User with sleep results in
        Hey everyone, I'm new here, I finally had an initial sleep study done and a cpap titration done, as I have been having symptoms of sleep apnea such as very sleepy in the daytime and a lot of headaches and tiredness.  I felt amazing after my cpap titration night.  My initial sleep study only had an AHI of 5.4, however I felt really good after my cpap study night and had twice as much deep sleep and REM sleep compared to my initial test. 
I was wondering if I should be on bilevel or apap or cpap?
If on apap should I get the autoset 10 or the 11?
What do people think of the test results?
I'm hoping to meet soon with the doctor to discuss the test results and next steps, just wanted some advice before I go in  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User with sleep results in
Being you have been diagnosed with mild SA, it looks like you would do well with either the Airsense 10 Autoset or the newer Airsense 11 AutoSet.

I don't see a need for the BiLevel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2023, 01:16 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I don't see a need for the BiLevel.

Curious for my knowledge at what point would someone require BiLevel ? Or be better on it ? 

Just figuring whole cpap / apnea stuff out
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou Opal Rose for your previous reply!
I recently got the prescription for CPAP set at a pressure of 6 and I received the Autoset 11.  I've been using it for three nights now and although it seems pretty comfortable, I find my sleep hasn't improved much if any as I'm still very tired, sleepy and get headaches. I'm noticing a lot of events on Oscar, with a lot of clear airways. The sleep doctor was supposed to look at the data again after day 7 so I'm not sure I want to make any changes before discussing it with him but I am trying to figure out what is going on as he is incredibly short and not helpful if I can even get an appointment.  Is this treatment-emergent central apnea?  Could it be that I had central apnea all along but my sleep tests didn't pick it up?  Just for reference, I'm 25 and have a physically active job (farmer) and have a healthy weight and no other health conditions that I am aware of. I'm a bit confused as to what is going on and just looking for help and ideas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm leaning toward the ca's being treatment emergent, as you only showed 4 ca's on the sleep test.  Also, the report states that the entire time was spent in the supine position (on your back).  Do you normally sleep on your back?  Unless, it's for a medical reason, you should try to sleep on your side more often.  I think you may see less Apnea.

I understand if you don't wish to make any changes until your Doctor looks at your data, (that's if he looks at it).  You may find out like many of us have that your doctor will only look at the total AHI number and tell you, all is well!

How soon before your doctor visit?

Ask him/her what/why so many CA's compared to sleep test.  (Print out these charts for him).

Ask why your Flow Limitation is high?  Do you have any nasal obstruction?  

The amount of FL, Hypopnea and Reras on your chart suggest you should be using some EPR (exhale relief pressure).  Of course for EPR to work efficiently, your pressure should be at no less than 7cm.  See what your doctor thinks.  

Also, know that sometimes using EPR may trigger more clear airway events, but not always.  

After you touch base with your doctor, check back with us and let us know what he thinks.  We can take it slow and suggest some changes and watch the results.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I often start out sleeping on my stomach and when I wake up I find I am sleeping on my back.
Only thing the doctor has ever told me so far is my ahi, so you are probably right. Only reason I have the reports is cuz I asked the secretary for my sleep results. I'm not even sure if they will give me a doctor's appointment yet or just check the data at 7 days and release the government money.
I really really appreciate the help, for now I will keep at it and see if I can talk to the doctor and have him do something about it and if that doesn't work I will start experimenting with your suggestions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 321 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 179 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,520 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 204 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 203 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.