Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New VAuto, need help with settings
New VAuto, need help with settings
Hi,

I have been using an Airsense 10 Autoset for about 3,5 years and I bought an Aircurve 10 VAuto to see if I could decrease the pressure by using a bi-level and also decrease my AHI

I was diagnosed with AHI of 54 with no central, only obstructive apnea.

My last setting on the Airsense was 15,6-20 with an average of 3.9. My daily AHI would be normally between 3 and 5, with some occasional 2.

With the VAuto I'm using these settings for the past week:
EPAP Min: 12.8
IPAP Max: 25
PS: 3

My average of the last week was 5.19.

This was an overview of the best day

And the worse day:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New VAuto, need help with settings
We can somewhat address the CA events by changing trigger sensitivity from medium to high. I'm a bit reluctant to increase pressure for the obstructive events until we know more. Can you clarify what your Autoset settings were, minimum, maximum and EPR? Also, have you ever observed that obstructive events tend to be clustered, or are they usually well-separated and random? In your "worst night" example, I am seeing obstructive events clustered in sets of 2-3 events and other individual events relatively close to those clusters. This might point to a positional issue. CA events are more numerous when pressure rises
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I had Min: 15,6 Max: 20 EPR: 1

My events are normally together like 2 or 3 in sequence like the screenshots below. I don't think I have seen more than 5 events together.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well you have the talent of nasal inspiration and oral expiration so they might be something to work on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would I need to change to a facial mask? Can I ask what is the signal that I'm mouth breathing?

Also, should I change the trigger sensitivity to high as your previous post.

This is the data from last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, raise the trigger setting to high, hopefully that will have a positive effect on the centrals. I know it helped me when I made that change.

You may need a little higher EPAP setting to tackle Obstructives, but let's see what happens with the centrals first. One change at a time.

Your leak rate isn't too bad, but there is some evidence of mouth breathing. I wouldn't change masks just yet.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your last chart looked much better. The way we see oral expiration is when the flow rate chart is missing the lower-half of expiratory flow. This one is fine. Obstructive events generally require increased EPAP pressure, however if you note a clustered patter where events occur together, as your seem to, we may suspect a positional apnea situation where you are tucking your chin and obstructing the airway. It's very common. Here is our wiki discussion on positional apnea, including examples http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea The use of a soft cervical collar generally ends these kinds of events http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Changed the trigger to high yesterday.

I took a little longer to sleep because of the change but it seems it helped to lower the central apnea.

Post Reply Post Reply
CA responded as expected with high sensitivity trigger. OA shows minor clustering and looks positional. This looks like a move in a positive direction and a few days on this setting should allow us to see if it is a trend.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshot of the last 3 days

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.