Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New apnea treatment
New apnea treatment
Anybody heard about Nyxoah? I just read some info about their new apnea treatment device which, if reports are true, has been tested and approved by the UK's national health service.

Basically, an implant is inserted into the chin. Then, before going to sleep, a small, rechargeable device is stuck on the chin, over the implant. The implant is powered by the 'patch' and stimulates nerves/muscles in the tongue (and palate?) preventing it from 'going floppy' and causing OAs.

This sounds more promising than all the other alternatives available, though of course questions are assembling themselves in my mind!

Has anybody trialled this device, or know more about it? They have a flash website, but of course everybody does these days ...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New apnea treatment
I'd be very surprised if that doesn't fall off during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New apnea treatment
The site lacks much in the way of detail. There is only one study under way with 27 participants (including here in Perth), so there is a very distinct lack of evidence as to safety and efficacy. It might work, it might not - but to date there is nowhere near enough evidence to convince me to have this device inserted into my body.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 635 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 128 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 146 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.