Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New equipment->new SD card, software?
New equipment->new SD card, software?
I just got a new Airsense 10 Autosense to replace my S9. Some qq:

1. Can I continue to use the SD card that came with the S9? I didn't get a new one with the new machine.

2. I plan to stay in Airplane Mode, for security reasons. Will the Airsense 10 write to the SD card without needing to make any setup changes? If not, how do I proceed?

3. I've got ResScan 5.1. Will that work or should I upgrade to the 5.9?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting more infor than just hours, which is all the old S9 gave for the six years I used it. (And the black tower for 15+ years didnt give any info.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New equipment->new SD card, software?
You can use the SD card, however the S10 will reformat it, so if you want a backup, do it before inserting into the machine. You can also format to FAT32 on a computer. You can use Airplane mode or disconnect or even remove the modem. No other changes are needed to use the SD card. Here is a link to more information on the modem http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...em-Removal

Upgrade to ResScan 5.9 but don't go higher than that version as there are problems. ResScan is available to members in the Private Files and Links area. I strongly urge you to use OSCAR which is free shareware, and much easier to use and analyze than ResScan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

1. Yes, but you will lose all the S9's data that is on it.  You may wish to make a backup of the card prior to using it the AS10.

2. The Airplane mode shuts off the cellular modem in the AS10.  It doesn't affect anything else.  If this unit is new and never registered, having the cellular modem on doesn't pose any threat.  Other than MyAir, the DME or your doctor has to pay for its communication data.  Communicating with the MyAir app requires the AS10's registration.

3. I'm uncertain of ResScan 5.1.  I would try it first, then upgrade if it doesn't work.  One word of caution.  If you are using Windows 10, be prepared for possible install problems of the newer ResScan versions.   For some reason, it will error out when trying to run ResScan with a Virtual error.  The only repeatable workaround that I am aware of is to create a new Windows user account to run ResScan.  

With all the above said, I highly recommend that you use OSCAR(download link is in the name), either as a replacement or in addition to ResScan.  It is free and provides an easier to understand presentation of your detailed sleep data. Besides the kink in the name, as I mentioned, there is a link at the top of every page here on the Apnea Board.

4. If you haven't thought about it, keep your S9 as a backup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. They seem to cover what I need. Good idea about backing up my SD card, although it just has hours of sleep on it.

I don't know about "registering" my AS10. My equipment provider resp. therapist (Aerocare, fka Cornerstone) apparently has access to the data as it is.

I asked about fixing my S9 when it stopped running, but the word seemed to be that it was too costly. (Error message about checking the power supply, if I remember right.) But actually I'm happier with the new one, as the S9 always seemed to have an irritatingly hard air stream that, often as not, had me mouth-breathing. When the new machine turned out to be much more gentle, at the same pressure setting, I had to wonder if the S9 was faulty from the beginning.

I'll investigate OSCAR. I didn't know about it.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider suggested, "You can also format to FAT32 on a computer."

What would be the situation in which I would want to reformat it? Would I need to reformat it to use OSCAR on my Mac? (Right now my Mac doesn't seem to recognize the SD card.)

What format is it in from ResMed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure there is an exception, but all 2 to 32 GB SD cards are formatted to a FAT32 specification. This is independent of any O/S.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Simply make a backup / copy of the card on your Mac. When that is done, forget about the old data on it and push it into your new machine. That one will format it exactly as needed. After using it one night, make sure you download OSCAR and forget about ResScan. 
You will find all help here: OSCAR Help - Apnea Board Wiki
And here, of course Smile
SUCCES!!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked whether ResScan 5.1 would work with the AS10. I tried this morning and the answer is no.  "Device not supported by this version of ResScan."

On to OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Great choice! Success with it, you’ll find every possible help here, and in the OSCAR Wiki…
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 496 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,189 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.