Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy needs Oscar help.
RE: New guy needs Oscar help.
I have considered a camera, even before I did the audio but I didn't want a light on while sleeping. I notice I am sensitive to lights coming on. It would disturb my sleep defeating the whole purpose. Motion camera is a good idea but again a light would have to come on and go off. I'm not ready to invest in one either. I do know I move around, though.

I've just started using an SCC but honesty I'm not finding any difference. I don't exactly know what I am looking at with OSCAR but I view it every day, along with ResScan. Most of my readings I think are ok but I just can't get that large leak down. I'm not overly concerned about it but I would like to know why and where. Thank-you for your input and good suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be helpful to post the last two evenings of OSCAR.  Perhaps we can see something that you have missed.  We can compare the data with your previously posted material.  Have you been wearing the SCC every night?

As @staceyburke mentioned, collars are unique to a person.  For myself, I found a change of +1/2" in height (1cm) made a big difference in how well it works.  What also matters is how loose the collar is.  You want to be able to just get two fingers in between the collar and your neck.  If you can fit in your whole hand, it's too loose.  If you can't fit in two fingers, it's too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell and from reading about the fit, I do have it on properly and I'm pretty sure the size is correct.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have cut your AHI in half, so Some of what your are doing is helping.  I still see a little bit of chin Tucking and large leaks.  So you need to continue to try to control both - but again your AHI has improved...  I can not see is your EPR set to 3?  the setting is further down the left column in the picture.  If not move it to 3.  I would also move the min number a LITTLE up .6.

I hope those will help he Hypopana (H) and flow limits.

You are doing better!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the EPR is set to 3. I will adjust min to 6. Thank-you

uummm.. By min do you mean Start Pressure in the clinical settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I set the Ramp Pressure to 6.0. But I forgot to reinsert the SD card the first night so I didn't get a full report.
Here are my results from last night. Not one of my better nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your positional apnea is still the main problem. Take a look at your pressure chart. You had positional apnea and raised your pressure then around 
2 the pressures went down and stayed down AND NO POSITIONAL APNEA. 

What was going on from 2 on? Did you sleep on your side instead of your back?  You have
 To get this corrected and we can start to work on your other problems (centrals and obstructive apnea).
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.