Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here!
New here!
Hey peeps.. bored at work.. so I'll read and introduce myself (prob be long. Sorry)

Just started (day 3) of my 1 month trial..
I'm 40 yr old, not obese. Pretty athletic with no neck. Lol
I have mild apnea (7wakes). I did sleep study 3 yrs ago.. went and did the follow up for the prescription and calibrate machine but never ended up trying it (was tired on the machine that nite so thought pointless)
Anyway, after talking to people and being sick and tired of being exhausted. Trying this again... 
on my calibration nite, the next day I felt like a million bucks... like I took adderall... so I was definitely pumped to get this started to feel great again (not that I remember feeling great) my tech was great explaining since I'm mild, it may take a couple weeks to really feel positive effects (clearly the next day was a pleasant surprise)

I'm not sure the machine I used there. Was white so probably the resmed and the mask I used that nite was the F & P simplus full face. 
For my trial I have the icon premo and wanted to try a different one and it appears to be the Resmed airfit f10

Nite 1 sucked which I won't explain why I thought...  but I used like 3/4 of water so last nite I scaled the humidity down to 2 and will check after work to see how much I used..  wish I could feel like I did on the calibration nite... I think I will go pick up the simplus mask Monday and see what happens.. I've had to tighten these upper straps twice... last nite I noticed leaking around nose if I turned my head.  

Anyway, I'd say I'm feeling a difference already... but curious if I can do better.. 
would machine make a difference?  I doubt it eh... more mask related likely. I mean, pressure is pressure. Lol
Speaking of. My senseawake is at 5 and full power is 7 for me. 

Once I get a machine I will get the monitoring software I imagine (could I download and use during my 1 month trial?? I'm more curious about leak information currently, as I decide on a mask)

Well, thats it for now
Looking forward to reading and any helpful insights from the folks here

Cory
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here!
Welcome to the forum.
I would get Sleepyhead and post your results.  That way we can give you knowledge to ask questions.
Most here prefer the ResMed autoset or the for her version because it responds faster.

On Masks,  Ask if you can try the mask when you pick it up, even see if you can try several, and read the Mask Primer (in my signature) it talks about trying masks fitting them and leaks. 

and read the "New to Apnea - helpful tips to ensure success" both in my signature and at the top of the page.  HOw to download and install Sleepyhead is also here.

Remember there are 2 phases of therapy, the first is the numbers, getting your apnea under control (AHI under 5 is considered treated, many here are not satisfied with that).
The second, and it is very important is that Vulcan question, "How do you feel?"

Fred   Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
You wl have good nights and bad it also might take sometime for you to adjust to the therapy. But have patience. The mask determines on you facial features. It mite take a few different masks to get one that wirks for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys! Yeah. I have no problem being patient.
I just can't believe how I felt after the calibration nite.
Kicked me out at 6am and I felt fantastic allllll day.. like unreal... right till 230am.
Not sure if the tech at nite did something special or what lol. I know he said he was going to keep me up over 90?? Most of the nite.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2017, 10:01 AM)Phatkid77 Wrote: Not sure if the tech at nite did something special or what lol. I know he said he was going to keep me up over 90?? Most of the nite.
He must have meant keep your O2 levels over 90%.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new member and I cannot locate the "New Thread" invitation in order to start my new thread.

Please point out to me how I might locate New Tread and begin my association with the forum. I am trying to post my first thread to introduce my personal situation with sleep apnea. 

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2017, 02:19 PM)Carmon Marshall Wrote: I am a new member and I cannot locate the "New Thread" invitation in order to start my new thread.

Please point out to me how I might locate New Tread and begin my association with the forum. I am trying to post my first thread to introduce my personal situation with sleep apnea. 

Thank you

Go to the Main forum page HERE. Near the top right corner is a green button that says New Thread click it and you're good to go.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.