Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here, how can I get my AHI under 5
New here, how can I get my AHI under 5

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here, how can I get my AHI under 5
Todd, your pressure is not high enough to stop the obstructive events, but this chart does not tell us how the events occur, just the numbers. My signature shows how we want to see a Daily details chart with flow rate, events, pressure, leaks and flow limitations. You might have a problem that we should address with pressure, or perhaps a positional apnea approach. Please post a daily chart, and we will have what we need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you! Hopefully, this is what you're looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart really clarifies things, and we have a couple of wiki articles with charts that look just like yours. Please read:
Positional Apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Your problem with obstructive apnea, hypopnea, RERA and even the CA events will be resolved by correcting the chin tucking. You are basically choking yourself as you sleep and pressure won't overcome the pressure on your throat your sleep position causes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What he said, a Soft Cervical collar or an anti-snoring collar. And it's obvious.
A bit more cost is "The Eliminator".
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, thank you. I'm anxious to try a cervical collar and see what happens.

Second, this is very interesting to me because I wear a night guard for bruxism. It fits on my upper teeth and minutes after I put it on I can feel my jaw move or settle into a different position. I've wondered if this might be causing or exacerbating my apnea and/or hypopnea. Do you know of anyone with sleep apnea that has been able to eliminate CPAP therapy after using a cervical collar?

I'll be sure to share my daily stats as soon as I get the soft cervical collar and try it out. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try sleeping without the bruxism guard fo a night and see if it helps. A different style might actually hold your jaw in place. Like much of what we do to optimize therapy, trial and error may give you the needed information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.