Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine - data not recording on SD card
New machine - data not recording on SD card
I just received a new Airsense 10 to replace a used one. I set it up with my settings and ran a short 5min. test with mask on to be sure data was recording. There was nothing on the card (unlocked Resmed SD card). So I tried a longer session of 15 min. The data did record and showed in Oscar. However, last nights (overnight)session did not record at all on the SD card. The only session on the card is yesterdays trial session. What am I doing wrong? The card is not locked. If this post belongs in the Oscar forum, please move it.

Here's what the SD card drive letter (E) shows:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine - data not recording on SD card
The Resmed 'day' starts at noon. Once you've imported a day into Oscar you can't reimport that day without first deleting that days data from Oscar. Data->Advanced->Purge Current Selected Day. Is is possible you did the 15 minute test past noon and imported into Oscar and now the 'overnight' data isn't importing?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's pretty common for the Resmed data to write after noon (machine time), or if you import part of a day, the program does not import new sessions. Just purge the existing day in OSCAR and then re-import the data. To purge a day, open OSCAR, go to the day with the partial data and then select Data/Advanced/Purge current day. You shold then be able to import all the new sessions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2020, 10:50 AM)harrywr2 Wrote: The Resmed 'day' starts at noon. Once you've imported a day into Oscar you can't reimport that day without first deleting that days data from Oscar. Data->Advanced->Purge Current Selected Day. Is is possible you did the 15 minute test past noon and imported into Oscar and now the 'overnight' data isn't importing?

That's exactly what I did. The 15 min session was after noon, and now the overnight data isn't importing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2020, 10:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's pretty common for the Resmed data to write after noon (machine time), or if you import part of a day, the program does not import new sessions.  Just purge the existing day in OSCAR and then re-import the data.  To purge a day, open OSCAR, go to the day with the partial data and then select Data/Advanced/Purge current day.  You shold then be able to import all the new sessions.

So, are you saying the data is actually on the SD card but I can't import it to Oscar until I purge the existing day session in Oscar? Prior to reading the replies to this message, I did another 15 min session this morning (before noon) to see what happens. If I am thinking correctly when I insert the card, and import to Oscar, I should see two sessions, the overnight, and the 15 min. I know the overnight may be more than one due to bathroom break, etc. I haven't removed the card yet. Should I wait till noon to remove it? I have previously removed the card when I first got up, and the overnight session was there long before noon. Not sure I understand when is the correct time to remove the card and import the data to Oscar. I have purged the short session data from Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
deleted
Post Reply Post Reply
The data is all written into a DATALOG/YYYYMMDD . YYYYMMDD is 4 digit year + 2 digit Month + day I.E. 20200131
The data from last night will be in folder DATALOG/20200131. Resmed days start and end at noon.
If you had multiple sessions there will be multiple sets of files in the folder with names starting with the time the session began.
Once Oscar has imported from a folder it will ignore that folder in the future.
You can take the chip out and do the import when you want...but you can only import once per day.
If you want to reimport a day you need to purge that day from OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lacro, glad you got the data problem sorted out. Your last post should go into your existing thread for Chart Evaluations http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ons-please I don't want to split your therapy thread into two places, so please copy and post it there, and I will reply.

I will move this thread to the Software Support forum in a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 297 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 277 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 344 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,699 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 568 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 559 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 848 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.