Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine, new thoughts?
New machine, new thoughts?
Hey gang,

So it looks like I have "miled out" my first CPAP device, a ResMed S9 Autoset. It is still in pretty good shape and will be getting cleaned up and put on the shelf as a back-up to the new machine when all the paperwork is handled and the new machine is here.

Based on my experience, I'm leaning toward an Airsence 10 Autoset for the new machine...but the local DME (the good one, not my old one) is now carrying the new F&P Sleepstyle machines. They sound interesting and, of course, they want folks to give them a shot. Sounds a bit like F&P is catching up (now have an auto feature and EPR) to go with their good reputation for humidity. 

I know, like the Icon, that the Sleepstyle won't be Sleepyhead compatible at this point...but considering the challenges I've had with the last two upgrades to Sleephyhead, I'm somewhat "off the wagon" there right now anyway.

So, has anyone given the Sleepstyle a whirl yet and can provide any insight.....or do I just stay with the brand I'm familiar with?

Thanks in advance,

PM
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine, new thoughts?
Haven't ever used an F&P but I tend to stick with whats worked for me before. You know ResMed, so if you were happy with it why change?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Devil I know syndrome, right?  Mrs. Psycho uses an Icon, so I am also pretty familiar with that machine...hence the "maybe" for looking at the Sleepstyle.

I am leaning toward the Airsense at this point....but doesn't hurt to ask about the alternative Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will the DME give you the F&P software so you can follow your progress? (I assume it does exist...) Will they at least make complete reports (as good as SleepyHead) regularly (once a month?). If you can't look at reports, you might as well have a brick.

Plus, if you have the reports and the SD card, we can at least try to decode the files for SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you swap the S9 with the Icon from Mrs. Psycho and try out your settings to see if it would work for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just returned the new F&P SleepStyle machine yesterday after a two week trial. I will be blunt. I would not take it, and I did not. I got my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet today. My wife uses the ResMed S9 that is very similar, and I would suggest there is no comparison in flexibility and function of the ResMed compared to the SleepStyle. 

Here is a post I made a while back when I first got the machine and had a few days experience with it. Since I made the post, I turned on the SenseAwake feature, and I think it is OK. However the rest of the machine, I do not like. In any case here is a link to the post.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid251724
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ron... good reading there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not working with Sleepyhead would be a dealbreaker for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed Auto S10 died, (11 months old) and I am have been given a F&P SleepStyle Auto as a loaner, while they quoted on a repair. $600 to repair the ResMed so am contemplating purchasing the F&P SleepStyle Auto.
I have been using the SleepStyle Auto for three weeks now and I really like it. My AHI is down to between 1 and 3 as opposed to about 5-7 on the ResMed. And I really like the humidifier setup.
The only sticking point for me, is the total lack of options to get the data off the machine. I have tried sleepyhead and that doesn't appear to work. F & P have a software program called Infosmart but thats near impossible to get a hold of, unless you are a doctor, and also F&p SleepStyle has a bluetooth setup with an app on your phone, but I cant get this to pair with my iphone 8. Apparently I am not the only one unable to pair my phone to the SleepStyle, all the reviews on the app store say the same thing.
So the only data available available is from the screen on the SleepStyle, which consists of, hours, mask leak, and AHI.
So the F&P SleepStyle Auto seems to be a great machine let down by non existent data availability to the end user.
I still dont know what to buy to replace the dead ResMed
Post Reply Post Reply
The resmed should have a two year warranty from Resmed ? Did you buy new ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,036 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 931 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,807 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,663 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,652 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 447 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 416 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.