Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine - setup help please
RE: New machine - setup help pleasei
You can grab the vertical border and shrink the charts.  The events chart (not too much keep it readable), the Snore and Flow Limits charts are good ones to shrink.  All can be shrunk a little.

You should have no trouble with Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
A second night on this new machine and I think it's all good. Once again I got a content free e-mail the myair folks but the sleepyhead stats look pretty good.  Thanks for your help with the EPR settings Smile

[attachment=9944]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good.  On your charts I would drop Mask Pressure and add Flow Limits.  Flow Limits can drive pressure,

Setting changes:  None
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2019, 06:29 PM)sansnap Wrote: Last night I tried the new machine with the EPR at 2.  After a few minutes I moved it to 1 and that seemed better.  This morning I got myair mail with some goofy info saying I scored a 96 ?
Your score probably dropped to 96 because of the max leak rate of 76.
Overall, your numbers look great... the 76 may have been a mouth leak or some other anomaly.
For the most part, ignore MyAir.  It's OK as a reference, particularly when on a road trip, but the "scoring" really means very little... 70 out of 100 is based on using the unit for 7 hours.  20 points are based on mask seal.  5 points is based on your AHI... I have no idea what the scale is, but I would assume that anything below AHI of 5 would give you the full 5 points.
The remaining 5 points is based on how many times you removed and replaced your mask.  They used to ding you one point for each removal, which was "unfair" to people who take frequent naps during the day.
People should be encouraged to use their equipment any time they sleep, rather than discouraged by some dumb "gamification" aspect.  My wife gets up with me at 4am, then goes back to bed after I leave for work.  I (and our sleep doc) were concerned that she was only showing 4-5 hours of use, when in fact she was sleeping 8-10 hours, but she was not using the machine after I went to work because a) she didn't want to get dinged the point (even though she got dinged 20-30 points for the hours) and b) since I wasn't in bed with her, she didn't think her snoring was a problem.  I think she'd still in denial about her apnea condition, but she uses her equipment.
A few months ago they did change it, so one R&R no longer costs you a point... I don't know if two breaks in therapy "cost" you or not.

Honestly, hours of use, AHI, and leak rate are all important...  AHI can not be properly monitored during times of high leaks, but "mask on/off" should not be weighted as high as AHI, particularly if total time used is >6 hours.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2019, 01:19 PM)sansnap Wrote: A second night on this new machine and I think it's all good. Once again I got a content free e-mail the myair folks but the sleepyhead stats look pretty good.  Thanks for your help with the EPR settings Smile
That looks really good.
I think many members wish that their numbers were as good.
Mine are generally comparable to those, but every now and then there's a "bad" night.
OTOH, your sleep study showed an untreated AHI of 76, mine was 15, barely over the threshold for treatment by my insurance.  You seem to be responding very well.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)CB91710 Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 01:19 PM)sansnap Wrote: A second night on this new machine and I think it's all good. Once again I got a content free e-mail the myair folks but the sleepyhead stats look pretty good.  Thanks for your help with the EPR settings Smile
... ..OTOH, your sleep study showed an untreated AHI of 76, mine was 15, barely over the threshold for treatment by my insurance.  You seem to be responding very well.

The first night I took the mask off several times in the first few minutes of therapy to mess with the EPR settings... I assume the myair report reflects this.  Last night I got 100 but no real info on the reasons for the difference.  

My sleep study was an eye opener and the comments from the Dr. after were flat out alarming (not sure why you're still vertical, highest we've seen, etc).  In the years since that study I've paid close attention to sleepyhead reports and can make direct correlations to higher AHI numbers and how I feel.  Getting the apnea under control has resulted in normal BP, creeping blood sugar numbers returning to normal, weight loss and renewed energy.  With the resperonics machine my AHI numbers were generally in the 1.5 - 2.5 range so these somewhat lower numbers are nice surprise. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Once in a while, I'll look at My Air to have #'s (l/min.) on my mask leaks to compare with the graph from SleepyHead. (check if I'm within range-24)

The rest of My Air info doesn't mean much to me. All I need to know is on SleepyHead. BTW good numbers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Some follow up and request for some advice... 

I've had this new machine now for just over a month.. good in many ways but I am having some regular trouble with mild ear pain now and have some weird post nasal drainage upon waking now.  Not sick, no allergies and yes, I clean the machine). I'm wondering if there are some pressure problems.  The second concern I have is that I feel less rested.  Any suggestions?  

I've attached a couple of charts - you can see on the second where the new machine began (there are a few days missing on that second chart as I was traveling and using another machine. Have not imported that data)

Any suggestions?

[attachment=10490]

[attachment=10491]
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2019, 09:33 PM)sansnap Wrote: Any suggestions?

Bumping this ...  Help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine - setup help please
Drop your max pressure by 1 and see I if that helps. Your numbers are excellent. These changes are more about how you feel
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 105 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,941 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,164 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,207 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  New DreamStation 2 setup KSMatthew 7 791 08-24-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.