Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine with data
New machine with data
[attachment=22357][attachment=22357]I have been using a system one with no data for 5 years when I first joined this forum. I now have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and I am sleeping much better with the Autoset. I use Resmed P10 pillows and I have some large leaks at 6.64%. My new P10 with heated hose will be arriving in a couple of weeks according to Kaiser but for now I think my setup is working alright. I'm thrilled to be able to use Oscar now that I have a machine that has data. Any suggestions on how to reduce large leaks?
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine with data
Your results are excellent.  Yes, there is some leaking going on, but not too bad.  The spikes in the leak graph look more like mask movement than mouth breathing, but could be a little of both. Flat top areas in the leak graph indicate mouth breathing. Usually mask movement occurs when turning or rolling over.  

If you think you are mouth breathing, there are a couple things to try. Possibly a chin strap or some folk even tape their lips.
Do you have a dry mouth upon wakening? That is a sign of mouth breathing.

Again, good results... you can't ask for much more than 0.0 AHI, as long as your sleeping well and feel rested.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy looks great, and with 10-20 pressure, there is relatively little change in pressure through the night, mostly in response to flow limitation, Leaks are present but not a huge problem and appears to be mouth leaks, usually short duration. These may resolve on their own in time, or might benefit from an aid like the Knightsbridge dual chinstrap which is a non-elastic jaw retention that pulls up rather than back. Many of us relax at night and the jaw slightly separates allowing for leaks. I heard my wife hissing last night. At the level of leaks you have now and very low event rate, it's not very alarming unless you find it disruptive to comfort or sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opalrose, yes I did have a dry mouth with my system one and the first night with my new machine but I increased the humidity to 7 and dry mouth gone! I have learned so much from reading posts on this forum. Thank you all for this incredible database of information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I was considering a chinstrap so I will look at it if my leaks get any worse. BTW I like your avatar. I have 2 Boston Terriers too. Best little bed warmers ever.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,975 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 554 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 471 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Keep waking up while using CPAP machine, oscar data attached. bigmit2011 5 1,193 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Help with OSCAR data and machine settings bethose 1 440 03-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Sending Machine Data to Someone Else? GrantT 5 690 02-17-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: GrantT
  [Treatment] Should I adjust my machine? (Oscar data inside) capo89 3 658 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.