Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member, getting (re)started
New member, getting (re)started
Spent the morning reading through the forums - lots of excellent info here!

I've been on CPAP/APAP for a long while now.  100% compliance.

I've been using a F/P Icon+ for the last 5 years or so set to 10 - 14.  Last sleep study was in 2015 and it was a home study.

We had a power outage last night and now the F/P won't restart, guessing due to the capacitor issue I managed to dig up during research.

I used my Z2 travel unit last night and will do so until I figure out next steps.

I downloaded my sleep data into Oscar and found out that, for whatever reason, data hasn't been stored on the USB stick since Dec 2015 (and only includes Oct - Dec of that year which generally matches when I got the new machine).  I'm a bit annoyed at this since I had to see the sleep doctor in 2019 to get the prescription for the travel machine - I took my usb stick into the appt and they never mentioned any issues with it or the data.

I have an active prescription for and Auto CPAP-APAP 10-14 Fixed CPAP 10cm as well as for any mask.

My insurance is high-deductible and while paying out of pocket for any of this (including a new machine) wouldn't be a hardship, I'd prefer to keep costs as low as possible, obviously.

Looking for input on next steps - do I get a new sleep study?  Should I get an overnight lab study or do another home test?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member, getting (re)started
Can't see a way to edit my original message, so I'll add this as a reply...

My main goal right now is to get a replacement main machine. I like the Z2 for what it is, but I don't want it as my daily driver.

Should I just go ahead and buy a replacement machine or have things changed in the last 5 years where I'd benefit from going through the entire process again to find anything new with me and open up newer/more advanced treatment otpions?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2020, 11:51 AM)amhartma Wrote: Should I just go ahead and buy a replacement machine or have things changed in the last 5 years where I'd benefit from going through the entire process again to find anything new with me and open up newer/more advanced treatment otpions?

It's not necessary to go through another sleep study unless you feel you are having problems, or your health has changed.  

Without seeing some recent data, you would have to be the one to tell us how you feel everyday.  If we knew your average AHI numbers and/or the breakdown of apnea's...  is it mostly Obstructives, Hypopneas or Clear Airways?  

With that said, if you are self financing, a good replacement machine would be with Airsense 10 AutoSet, or if you have a little more money to invest, look for a Aircurve 10 BiLevel.  Supplier #2 is a good place to start.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:18 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 11:51 AM)amhartma Wrote: Should I just go ahead and buy a replacement machine or have things changed in the last 5 years where I'd benefit from going through the entire process again to find anything new with me and open up newer/more advanced treatment otpions?

It's not necessary to go through another sleep study unless you feel you are having problems.  Without seeing some recent data, you would have to be the one to tell us how you feel everyday.  If we knew your average AHI numbers and/or the breakdown of apnea's...  is it mostly Obstructives, Hypopneas or Clear Airways?  

With that said, if you are self financing, a good replacement machine would be with Airsense 10 AutoSet, or if you have a little more money to invest, look for a Aircurve 10 BiLevel.  Supplier #2 is a good place to start.

Appreciate the feedback!

Unlinked Supplier #2 because as a new member, I can't post links which apparently includes quoted messages!

I can give you fantastic data from late Sept '15 to early Dec '15!   Dont-know

I don't really have any complaints with the way I've been feeling after waking up, so I think it's at least safe to say it's been consistent for a while.

I have no issues spending money on this - I use it everyday and it's critical to my health & well-being - thanks for the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
We use Supplier numbers to refer to suppliers on the list.  Supplier #2 is SecondWindCpap.

Apnea Board does not allow the posting of Commercial or DME links. (Website addresses)  

In other words, you can say the name of the vendor as I just did, without posting the URL or .com.
Informational links are allowed as long as they are not selling anything, whether prescription required items or not.
See our rules here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules

Also, check other vendors on the list for comparison. If money is not an issue, start comparing prices for the VAuto.
This type machine has a few more adjustments.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would look at Supplier #2 from the supplier list at the top of the site. They sell used machines (very low hours). My son and I have bought used machines from them - excellent Cpap and bipap and a great company to work with. 

That being said I would suggest ResMed autoset or VAUTO.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Bought an AirSense 10 AutoSet as that's what my current prescription would support.

Had it for about a week and finally downloaded the data. While I'm trying to figure out what it all means, figured I'd ask the experts their opinions...

Here are the charts for the last 3 nights. Anything I should be concerned about?

Edited to add: Forgot to mention I feel fine in the mornings - no grogginess. In fact, several days (especially right when I got the new machine), I've woken up before my alarm and felt pretty refreshed.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the charts.

Central Apnea is inconsistent for you (normal) and your first chart was ok, the next 2 are definitely higher than we like.
You have a good number of hypopneas, to drive them down I'll suggest setting

EPR = 2 Fulltime. This is midrange for EPR.
no other changes at this time. Repost charts with this change and re-evaluate.

This should help
Post Reply Post Reply
You have EPR set to off. I would suggest to set it to 2. That will help with the “H” events BUT may increase the “CA”. We won’t know without trying. I think it will help with events and make it more comfortable therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Made the EPR change and here are the charts for the following 3 nights.

EPR takes a bit of getting used to - it almost feels like a negative push (pull?) immediately when the inhale stops. The first night, I felt like I woke up a lot, but still felt mostly okay when I woke up. It also feels like it's blowing out my nasal mask (around my upper nose) when I start a new inhale, like the sudden pressure increase is too much. I may be due to switch nose cones, but wanted to get some nights with the new setting before changing anything else.

Appreciate the attention & help!

Edit: Posted screenshots in reverse order by accident - first attachment is last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 106 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 200 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 173 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,693 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 274 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 838 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 356 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.