Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member/user needs setup help and advice.
RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice.
Hello again. 
I have screen shots of the previous two nights.
 I have to say I think the collar makes a HUGE difference, I am a believer!
I do know there are further improvements to be had tho.
My AHI is down to below 4 and altho still tired I felt I had more energy today.
I also adjusted my pressures somewhat, and will continue to do so based on your advice and how I feel and Oscar readouts.
Any  thoughts on why the dreamstation seems to stop supplying air before I am done inhaling?
what about helping to stop the snores? or is it ok to still see snores?
any and all advice is welcome. thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
On the DS stop supplying air before you finish inhaling. That is a common complaint on phillips machines that they seem to try to anticipate your breathing where ResMed follows your breathing. Which is better, for you ResMed

Up your min PS to minimize snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto and VPAP S both have Ti min and Ti max settings. This allows the time of inspiration to be set not to cutoff, even if your inspiratory time is long. Also the Resmed follows spontaneous trigger (inhale) and cycle (exhale). If you ever have the opportunity to change machines, you will be more comfortable.

Please turn off VS2 on your OSCAR events. It is not a meaningful metric for you. I agree with bonjour's suggestion, but the main problem in your settings is that maximum pressure is capped at 11.0 which only allows 1-cm of auto adjustment. You need to increase the maximum pressure upward, and about 14 cm seems like a good level, especially if you are increasing PS min an PS max to 5.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
As soon as finances permit I'll upgrade.
I will make the needed changes.
You help so many. Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 260 3 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 81 Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 854 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,789 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,674 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.