Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much
RE: New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much
Hi Guys,

Bonjour - So I've changed the settings, exhaling seemed to take a tiny bit more effort but I would genuinely say it was no bother. I woke around 7am this morning - checked my Machine and it said I had an AHI of 2.5 throughout the night - pretty good I figured. Did some reading on my phone for a bit and decided to go back asleep for a while as I've got a very long day ahead of me. Put my mask back on, woke up later and my AHI had bumped up to 7.5 just because of that little nap - big clusters of CA's.

I have to say, when I woke up around 7 I wasn't feeling the best - definitely felt I could have done with more sleep. After I woke up after my little reading break I felt 100% better and now feel like I'm ready to take on the day  - despite tripling my AHI in less than 1 hour!

I've attached my screenshots from last night/the past hour.

Sleeprider, you mention position issues - could this all be related to how my head is positioned through the night? Is there an optimal placement or anything I should be aware about?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That cluster of centrals is again bouncing around your CO2 triggered apneic threshold. The lack of previous history says this is Treatment Emergent Central Apnea. Typically this is given 2 to 3 months to clear up. Then if it doesn't a move to an ASV that WILL resolve it.

You and your doctor have connected your sleep apnea to a driving factor for your AFIB. Because of this you need a discussion with the doctor that made that conclusion. It needs to include facts.

1. You have Treatment Emergent Central Apnea.
2. In a lot of patients, not all, it greatly diminished over 2-3 months. Waiting is the typical action.
3. An Adaptive Servo Ventilator BiLevel, preferably the ResMed AirCurve ASV, an advanced CPAP machine, will resolve it overnight.
4. Question, Is the ASV where I should go knowing that it will provide near zero AHI virtually overnight based on my AFIB?

Please have this discussion.

Normally I would decrease your EPR to zero to try and minimize your Central Apneas while leaving a few, helping your body adjusts to lower levels of CO2. With your AFIB I'd like your doctor to get involved with the direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree with this plan bonjour has posted. If me, I'd want this in the medical file sooner than later.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 338 6 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 124 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,338 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Middle of the night wakeup SteveC 1 119 04-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 123 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 226 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  first night stanleyv28 9 343 03-31-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stanleyv28

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.