Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Forum
RE: New to Forum
Overview and Statistics attached, this is going to take time to document, are there any other changes that are recommended for the short term?

Richard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are on an Auto BiPap in Manual mode. Is there a reason why?

Reduce your PS to 3, then re-evaluate.
In the so-called balancing act between Obstructive and Central events (even though you show no obstructive events) It is important to critically evaluate how you feel. The doc's call the off-feelings symptoms.

Post redacted copies of your full sleep studies including the tables and charts, or don't just to make sure we have your full name, SSN, address, mother's maiden name and various other info that is (NOT) critical to your therapy. Seriously NEVER post that kind of info in a public forum.

This will tell us the state of your apnea when you started and likely provide more justification for an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the Sleep Study, I will ask for one the next time I see the Doc.

The machine was configured almost 3 years ago, I will make the changes.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry, what setting are you calling PS?  According to mob Machine Settings, my PS Min and Max is set to 3.  How do I get out of Manual mode?  I am not familiar with all the terms.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS equals pressure support, and according to the March 4th chart, PS was 5 with Flex being 3. I'd consider taking flex to off then lowering PS to 3.

Manual versus Auto referenced here is going to be Mode in clinical settings. It may be one of the settings near the top.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my current settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here you are seeing obstructive events starting to come back. This is expected. As PS goes down obstructive events tend to increase (happening) and central events tend to decrease (not happening). This is the ballancing act I was referring to.

The next step is to turn flex off. This is because pressure changes from flex often increase central events.

You have done a good job in changing from. Manual mode to auto mode. Don't do this now, you only want to make 1 change at a time, and causing pressure changes and/or higher pressures tends to increase central events. To best use auto mode to treat obstructive events you want to increase your max ipap pressure to provide room for your machines algorithims to increase pressure. Again, don't do this now.

Note: you reduced your PS to 3 and saw an increase in central events. Granted that this may be because centrals tend to be consistently inconsistent, but they increased and this is part of the narrative you are putting together to justify ASV.

So turn Flex off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure is currently fixed because the range for EPAP min and IPAP max is equal to the PS min 3 and PS max 3. I'm interested in seeing if lower pressure may further reduce CA events. The settings I'd like to have you try are:
Mode AutoB
EPAP min 9.0
IPAP max pressure 16.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 3.0
Flex off

These settings will allow the machine to automatically adjust pressure, but starts at a lower range. The reason I think you can tolerate the lower pressure is that while you had two OA events flagged, that is still very low and there are no snores or other good indicator of corresponding obstruction. As much as anything else, we need to see your response to lower pressure to verify a need for higher pressure if it exists.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They replaced my machine since it would not pass the Performance Test, now it is working good, I think.  For some reason I have a lot of leak, I have a full mask.  Could it be breathing through your mouth?  Anyway new charts.

Again thank you for all your help, I will continue to log my progress and meet with the DR when ready.

Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get a copy of my Sleep Study, sorry this is the best picture I could get.  There are several pages. this is the only one that is readable.  

Please let me know if there is anything else that will help from the study,

Again, the information here is invaluable, I would not be using my machine if it was not for the information from this forum.  FYI

Last night I had a AHI of 4.20, CA 18, Hypo 5, OB 1, PP 26, RERA 5, 5:42 Hours and I feel good,

Thanks again

Richard

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 266 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,699 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.