Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Treatment- Looking for Guidance to Improve AHI
RE: New to Treatment- Looking for Guidance to Improve AHI
OK.  Here is last night with EPR 2, Pressure 11 to 20.  What should I try next?

Post Reply Post Reply
Using higher EPR did not significantly change events. There are slightly more obstructive apnea and a fractional increase in minimum pressure may help with that, on the order of 11.4, but it's certainly not necessary. The important question is qualitative; how did this feel compared to therapy without EPR?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good question about my qualitative assessment.  Hard to say, but I think I got a slightly better night's sleep with the EPR at 2.  I'll try bumping up to 11.4.

Is pressure typically increased until obstructive events are eliminated almost entirely?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your obstructive events are about 1.4 and I'm all in for leaving things alone for a while until we can establish a baseline trend. Pressure is only varying by 2.0 cm through the night, and that is actually pretty good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, as an experiment, 2 nights ago I tried increasing pressure to 11.4 and reducing EPR to 1.  That seemed to hit a sweet spot.  But then last night took a big step backwards.  Charts for the 2 nights attached.

So, I think as you suggested I just need to let things ride for a while.  Between my 11.0/EPR 2 chart above and these 11.4/EPR 1 charts, which settings do you think I should try out for a while?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 42 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 252 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 132 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.