Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum looking for help
RE: New to forum looking for help
Hopefully this what you need.  I'll try another and post after i get some guidance from this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a zoomed in look.

Post Reply Post Reply
That looks pretty close to what we need, although a bit more zoom would not hurt. I also want to get a look at the respiratory statistics including tidal volume. Turning off the pie-chart in File/Preferences/Appearance will help.

We see normal respiration without flow limitation at a rate of 18-19 bpm. The snore (VS2) may be that small squiggle at the top of the inspiratory wave. Do you have a bed partner that can confirm or refute snoring? This may also be the tube causing feedback noise. In any event I think you can turn off the VS2 line for now.

You apparently have zero events but don't feel rested. We have several options that might help us find more comfortable settings. We can use the Auto BiPAP option with variable pressure and pressure support, or try fixed bilevel pressure at lower settings. We don't know the history behind your settings that resulted in these high pressures and pressure support. It does not appear you need this much pressure support (difference between IPAP and EPAP).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night Oscar.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just changed the machine to 14/10. I did the auto and I still had to put numbers in. Are these numbers okay or do I need to change?
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=18470 Wrote:Osiris357 pid='326118' dateline='1577574346']    

Your chart is showing snoring all night long. All those red ticks are snores. You will need to post a few 2 minute zoomed screenshots so we can look at your flow rate waveform breath by breath. Just use the up and down arrows or use your touchpad by pinching in and out. With all those snores I’m surprised there aren’t any ticks in flow limitations. 

Post those screenshots and let’s have a look
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, the chart you posted still shows 20/14 pressure. Is that correct? If you did reduce pressure, how do you feel about your comfort compared to before?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just changed it this afternoon.  Won’t know until tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had the pressure changed and I felt much better this morning.  No cement mouth, no headache and felt pretty good.

Post Reply Post Reply
That looks great. Let’s just monitor for a week and see how it goes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,704 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.