Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum looking for help
RE: New to forum looking for help
I’ll let the experts handle this but I will say your statistics look high. Your minute vent is twice as high as I’ve ever seen it and your median respiration rate is almost 20. Your inspiration and expiration is almost 1:1 when it should be 1:2 or close to that. For example mine was recently 1.7 secs for inspiration and 2.8 for expiration. Something doesn’t look right to me just from everything I’ve seen so far. The more knowledgeable may see it differently
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks better, but a couple change:
EPAP min 9.0
PS min 4.0 PS max 4.0
IPAP max 18.0

We are going to drop EPAP but increase IPAP or PS. These are big changes from when you arrived and I think we are heading in a positive direction. I just realized the above are my own settings, nice coincidence. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Okay I'll do that today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep providing feedback on how you are feeling. We know you have a low AHI, but the purpose of adjusting these settings is to improve comfort and not lose efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't feel as good today as I did yesterday but better than before I changed the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
    I've been having trouble falling asleep lately and last night was no different.  I didn't feel very good this morning when i got up.  I have noticed on oscar that vs2 has dropped and large leaks have dropped sine the pressure changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
results look more comfortable but the flow rate graph you posted looks pretty flow limited with flat peaks on inspiration, but I will need to see at taller graph at about 2 minutes duration to really see. The one posted is very compressed vertically.

I think there is still room for lower EPAP pressure and higher pressure support, and we want to move in a direction of greater comfort. So far with lower pressure there are no negative effects and mostly we have seen a big drop in snore, and just a small hint of OA and H events. The hypopnea, RERA and flow limitation will respond to increased PS. BigJeff, do you have any idea why you were originally using 20/14 pressure?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor never told me the reasons.  I don't like the doctor because he never tried to assess why I always felt bad.  His answer was your AHI is great.  That's why I got on the board so I can learn more about the apnea and try to fix.  I truly appreciate all the help you and others have given me.  I've learned more in the last week on here than have in over (10) years with the doctor.  I have an appointment for my yearly checkup Tuesday and I'll have him explain the reason for the 20/14.  I'm currently looking for another doctor but theres not many around me.  I'm posting (3) two minute snapshots.

[attachment=18582]

Screenshot 3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The first one is a long breath-hold during a large leak. The data with that leak rate is not reliable. We do see a large inhale with no exhale following, then a VS2, which is most probably a mask fart from the leak. Chart 2 shows inspiration with a small squiggle on top that might be small inspiratory snores. Nothing is particularly wrong with the segment, but we should add PS to avoid the snores. I think it is worth pointing out your maximum pressure is less than 15 now.

I'm going to suggest a modest change keeping EPAP min at 9.0, increase PS to 4.5 min and max and keep max pressure at 18.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
last nights screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 375 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 238 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 739 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,650 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,790 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 524 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 8,058 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.