Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum looking for help
RE: New to forum looking for help
1-3-20 screen shot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on these two charts, you have periodic flow limitation that should respond to higher pressure support. There are no CA events which would suggest you won't tolerate more PS, so my recommendation is to increase to PS 4.5. We could use a range of PS with this machine, but I'm intentionally trying to find a single PS that works most of the time, then perhaps we can try ranges. Your AHI is very good, and we need to stay in touch with how you feel because that is really the only reason to make changes. I think once flow limitation is resolved you should feel better with the therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Upon your recommendation I changed it to 4.5 two days ago.

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I should wear glasses when I read your charts. 4.5 certainly looks successful and other than some flow limits, you are having your best results ever. It's up to you if and when you want to try PS 5.0. You might want to hold here for a week, then move to PS 5.0 and see if that is better or worse. I think it's interesting that the higher we set PS, the lower your pressure becomes. There is nothing wrong with moving slower. How are you feeling?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m feeling better than I have for 10+ years so I can’t complain. However, I’m still getting headaches and I’m not refreshed when I wake.  I’ll stick with the settings for a week and post my screen shot daily.  I really appreciate all your help as I learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
still wake with headache.

Post Reply Post Reply
no headache today but I do wake up a lot.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is all related to flow limitation and RERA. If you want to increase PS by 0.5 it might help. Minimum and max to 5.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I changed tehm both to 5.0 and felt pretty good this morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I've made the pressure & PS adjustments I hardly wake up throughout the night.  it has really made a difference.  The last couple days I have noticed my AHI has gone up.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 682 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,585 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,741 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,711 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.