Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to me, ASV, Initial Questions
RE: New to me, ASV, Initial Questions
Yes, when you have a known place of good results with any machine, it's good to go back there and do a re-evaluation of your needs. Dave may need ST-A yet but I've been pushed to the basics to see if I can prove what I think and feel about my therapy.

Don't become a stranger. We'll have coffee and donuts at times here.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to me, ASV, Initial Questions
I took a breath,, and ordered one from a CPAP provider online, knowing I have a good chance of reimbursement since my insurance company is not an insurance company,  but rather a "medical trust".  When the ASV switch problem happened this seemed like the best time to do a trial, so 2 nights of information were gathered and very useful to have.

This site helped me on that as well due to a member providing a disassembly video of a Resmed Airsense. In seeking a new switch I received several very helpful responses here including "repair" and then a tech I spoke with on the phone suggesting I try Smart Start mode to work around the switch temporarily. That got me back up and running and to top it off another member pointed me in the direction of a replacement component which I ordered at 57 cents each and should be here soon.

Again, this board is one heck of a resource, with dedicated folks that make a difference improving and likely saving lives.

When I have more stamina and sleep under my belt I plan to go back to trying out the ST-A, but slowly and surely this time with more understanding as I do.

Yes, Coffee and donuts, for sure at the least,,,

I'll check back in on the continuing adventures of,,,

J
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 798 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.