Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this - Need help
RE: New to this - Need help
Well you may have aroused during the night, but it definitely helped. On the 13th and 14th your 95% flow limits were 0.04 to 0.06 compared to 0.09 to 0.12 previously, and your 95% pressure has dropped, even with a higher minimum. There is a clear improvement in tidal volume, and the increased ventilation is probably why you have more CA events. These will diminish. The increase in pressure on 2/14 is due to an increase in flow limits and it looks like you might have been awake. I can't tell you all this means you must feel better or not, that is entirely your call, but I don't see a problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2021, 03:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well you may have aroused during the night, but it definitely helped. On  the 13th and 14th your 95% flow limits were 0.04 to 0.06 compared to 0.09 to 0.12 previously, and your 95% pressure has dropped, even with a higher minimum. There is a clear improvement in tidal volume, and the increased ventilation is probably why you have more CA events.  These will diminish.  The increase in pressure on 2/14 is due to an increase in flow limits and it looks like you might have been awake.  I can't tell you all this means you must feel better or not, that is entirely your call, but I don't see a problem.

Good to know. I am still learning how to interpret the graphs. So, if it has improved, something else is waking me up, what did not happen so much before I was using the CPAP. I will keep on searching, as it is making me feel more tired than when I was having apneas...
Thanks a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi, I am back. Based on your suggestions and with the daily results, I progressively narrowed the pressure range and currently I have it at min 7 max 9 (almost like a CPAP), what has been working really well. However, a few days ago, I noticed something quite odd: the machine detected an obstructive apnea even though there was no flow limitation and the mask pressure went down to zero (there is no leak being shown).
This sounds like counterintuitive to me - I would expect that the pressure would increase to open the airways, not drop to zero.
This happened twice that night, hours apart. Not sure about other days, as I have not checked every single one.
The machine was on, there was no power loss, so why did this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
the left side of the OA looks like awake breathing, That OA could be your holding your breath, the right side you appear to be sleeping, That is one I would just ignore as SWJ
Post Reply Post Reply
Your mask pressure did not go to zero, it went below the minimum scale of 5.0. I think your problem is the Y-axis scale on the mask pressure. The y-axis range is only from 5.0 to 9.0, but with your settings of 7.0 to 9.0 with EPR at 3, the minimum of the Y-axis needs to be 4.0 (7.0 - 3.0 EPR). You can fix the Y-axis and either set it from 0 to 9 or 4 to 9 depending on your preference. Just right click and over-ride the Y-axis scale.

During an apnea event, no inhale is triggered, so the machine remains at the EPAP pressure. It is likely there is also a pressure fluctuation there from the FOT.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch! You are absolutely right, the axis is wrong. Mystery solved!  :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=38632][attachment=38632]
it has been almost one year since I started using a CPAP. The results on paper seem ok, although honestly I don't feel a difference in my sleep quality or waking up fresher as some people report.

I am posting here my statistics. I believe the settings and results are great, but I would like to hear other opinions/advice. Thanks in advance.

PLEASE NOTE: I use a Airsense 10 for her but I am male - I had set it up accordingly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I mean, your figures look reasonable but we'd really need to see a sample chart to see what's going on. Can you post a screenshot of a recent, representative daily chart?
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this help? Most of my apneas are Central

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.