Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user, OSCAR assessment ?
New user, OSCAR assessment ?
Greetings:  I have been using CPAP with Phillips DreamWear for 2 months now.   My AHIs are all over the place, usually 5-12, but last night above 23.   I don't know what is making a difference, using same mask each night.   (nasal Eson 2, Fischer and Paykel.   I taped my mouth closed the last couple nights and scored still fluctuate wildly.  Can anyone look at my OSCAR data and tell me anything?

Thanks so much,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user, OSCAR assessment ?
Welcome to the forum.

This is an easy read. See how your obstructive events are clustered together? This indicates that most likely, you are tucking your chin. This is typically fixed with a soft cervical collar, and you can ditch the chin strap, at least for now.
This you apparently are doing, based on your overview chart, intermittently but often enough to warrant the use of a collar.

Read the Soft Cervical Collar link in my signature and the Positional Apnea link within that article.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help if you put in the whole night instead of zooming in on a few minutes of the night. You can’t see your pressure or flow from this view.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I'm still figuring out how to use this board and OSCAR and attach graphs.    I will try to pay more attention to your suggestion,Smile

I will get a ssc as soon as possible.    I hope you are right, that would be an easy fix.   I will read up on your suggested posts.   So happy to have found this forumSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
OnThePath, you are going to be amazed how quickly the obstructive apnea can come under control when using a soft cervical collar. You will see examples of other member's graphs that look like yours, with high AHI and lots of obstructive clusters that ended up with less than 1-AHI. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Thanks for the encouragement!   I just returned from CVS with the collar, eager to try it out tonightSmile

I will hopefully share progress with you.  Finally have a little hope Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
The collars come in various sizes, heights and stiffness. If the CVS collar does not work out check the reviews forum for more ideas.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 116 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.