Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer
New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer
                        Good afternoon all, started CPAP back in November, changed machines to the Airsense 11 just so I can use Oscar.  not really sure how to improve therapy.  Forgive me for the attachments, I normally use my phone for everything and am getting used to the new laptop.

A bit about me, 49 year old male, 5'-8" 179 Lbs. Sleep study AHI 68, O2 dropped to 63.  Doc ordered APAP at 5-20.  Currently set 5-15.  EPR at 1.  Auto for temp, humidity, ramp, and EPR. Using various full face masks (f&p evoria, F30I, and mainly the 3B seista).

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer
good luck, hope you are monitoring your spO2 and heartrate. I think I got about 7 copies of the same chart, and 7 others of a very similar chart, all from Feb 2. You need to figure out what is happening during the rapid-fire periods. are you asleep, is anyone watching, to alert you to issues with motion or gasping for air? (heart rate can clue you in on how important your body takes these breathing breaks)

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Your problem is a form of positional apnea. This is typically related to your cervical alignment and we call it chin tucking. To start look at your pillow situation. Try 1 vs two pillows or a less firm flatter pillow. The idea is to keep your neck straight. If this doesn't work you will need to try a soft cervical collar, see the link in my signature. This has, with a properly fitted collar resulted in those clusters of obstructive events goin away overnight.

After that we should look and see what else, if anything, is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I’m asleep except towards the end of the graph when I had to get up anyway. No, I sleep alone, she sleeps on the couch because she can’t stand the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 04:39 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Your problem is a form of positional apnea.  This is typically related to your cervical alignment and we call it chin tucking.  To start look at your pillow situation. Try 1 vs two pillows or a less firm flatter pillow.  The idea is to keep your neck straight.  If this doesn't work you will need to try a soft cervical collar, see the link in my signature.  This has, with a properly fitted collar resulted in those clusters of obstructive events goin away overnight.

After that we should look and see what else, if anything, is going on.

That makes a lot of sense, I am a “mouth breather” and start on my side and somehow wind up on my back. I’m on Amazon now ordering one of those CPAP pillows. I may as well order the C-collar too lol. Thanks for the feedback. Updates to come lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 04:43 PM)Seabee211 Wrote: Yes, I’m asleep except towards the end of the graph when I had to get up anyway. No, I sleep alone, she sleeps on the couch because she can’t stand the machine.

I'm glad you posted this, are you the one from the other site that I recommended?  The members here are very adroit at helping people. Smile

I would also add that it's been better for me to place my cpap machine close to the ground (helps rainout and noise), along with a hose hanger that's mounted just above you as you're laying down.  

This may help your spouse be able to sleep too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: I'm glad you posted this, are you the one from the other site that I recommended?  The members here are very adroit at helping people. Smile

I would also add that it's been better for me to place my cpap machine close to the ground (helps rainout and noise), along with a hose hanger that's mounted just above you as you're laying down.  

This may help your spouse be able to sleep too.

I probably am lol. I’ll try that with the machine. She also has a problem with the air that lightly comes out from the front of the mask and says I still snore. She only did 1/2 a night in bed, found her back on the couch when I got up in the am. Maybe not a bad thing as I can have the bed to myself and stretch out lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 324 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 155 6 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 121 11 hours ago
Last Post: opo218
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 147 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 225 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 636 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.