Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user help please
New user help please
First off thanks to any and all that may help answer a couple questions. 

First off I drive a semi. Owner. I got hit with a reduced physical time and ordered to take a sleep test. Did all that got diagnosed with sleep apnea. 

I went to a local medical supplier, they would only rent and their costs are HIGH!! The service is poor to say the least!

I currently have a ResMed 10 apap machine from them. I’m looking at buying my own probably from  [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #1

First question: I’m receiving conflicting information about whether their MYAIR web page will produce the documents necessary to satisfy the clinic and DOT?

Second question: I see the software available here. Which is the easiest to use if I have to go that way? And will it support the DOT requirements?

I really want to take their machine back and buy my own. Much cheaper in the long run, but I have to have the ability to satisfy the government!!

Thanks to all that help a newbie.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user help please
I had a different problem, but I won't get into that.  I needed a new machine and I found a great machine at a great price at Supplier #2.  It was used but only for about a month (5 year life expectancy) and is in perfect shape.  Many people here have purchased from them and their prices are very good.  I paid 1,100 LESS than a new one.  You can go to the suppliers list at the top of the page (has a shopping cart).  Take a look at #2 on the list and see what you think. You can search my name and read about my changing from a dreamstation to ResMed VAUTO.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.  
You referenced Supplier #1 with its name and URL.  Because of the educational material provided here, we cannot do that.  It will be removed.  No big deal, but please keep that in mind.

OSCAR provides sufficient information to certify your compliance BUT, OSCAR is not a certification agency.  You need to check with that agency to see if they will accept it.  I will add that both drivers and pilots have used OSCAR as the basis for their compliance certification, but it still is up to the agency to perform the certification.

That said, use OSCAR to evaluate and guide changes in settings to optimize your therapy.  Post OSCAR daily files in the main forum and we will guide you.  Honestly there is nothing better,
Post Reply Post Reply
Any Resmed machine can be registered to your account for the My Air or Air Link software used by your doctor. There are many good deals online and even lightly used machines. You should not need to rent at inflated prices.

Members have used OSCAR reports for DOT and FAA compliance. Thus forum can also set you up with ResScan which is the official Resmed software. Just be sure to use a SD card from 8 to 32 GB in the slot to record data for either program.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. Unless I missed something, the rescan softwarethat I saw here was dated back to 2012. Is there a more current download available?

Thanks again for the answers.

Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2020, 02:11 PM)Fwalter Wrote: First question: I’m receiving conflicting information about whether their MYAIR web page will produce the documents necessary to satisfy the clinic and DOT?

Second question: I see the software available here. Which is the easiest to use if I have to go that way? And will it support the DOT requirements?

If you have a ResMed machine, then both MyAir and your clinic will have enough data to determine compliance (the data your machine sends daily to ResMed for the MyAir app is also sent to ResMed's AirView app which the clinic has access to).  OSCAR also has compliance data on its Statistics report, which you can print out.  As does ResScan.

Now, what reports and how the DOT will accept them is a different story.  They may want a report transmitted directly from the clinic, who might want the data from their AirView or might even want to see your SD card.  Or the DOT may accept a report from MyAir, OSCAR, or ResScan that you bring in.  People have successfully used OSCAR report for compliance but it may depend on the office receiving the reports.

Easiest to use would be MyAir, which you get to use by virtue of having a ResMed machine.  It is, however, the least useful in managing your therapy.  If you want to see what is really happening during your sleep and make adjustments so that you sleep better (and improve compliance), OSCAR is the best tool.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB. The main issue on the DOT report is how it needs to be transmitted, and from whom it will be accepted by them. The aspect of making the report offers a few choices if a paper copy is allowed.

I am SO glad I don't have a CDL anymore, even if I still have a class A. The biggest joker is the dispatcher. Can you get it there at 12 PM? NO, I can't. I won't get the load until 1 PM. Dave, you should be able to make that, the shipper is only this far away on the map. You're only about 6 inches away. Yeah sure, if I can get to 44 MPH, my DeLorean tractor trailer can get it at 1 and deliver it before I get it from the shipper that is 3 states over with Chicago in between. Ew!

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2020, 04:50 PM)Fwalter Wrote: Thanks so much. Unless I missed something, the rescan softwarethat I saw here was dated back to 2012. Is there a more current download available?

Hi Frank, don't worry-- that 2012 date on that post is simply the first time I posted the link to download ResScan when we moved to our new forum software.  ResScan has been updated several times since then, and I simply edit that 2012 post with the new info each time, so the post date never changes.

So, as of today (July 11, 2020), the most current version of ResScan is 6.0.2, (this was from 2019, I believe) which you can get by following the instructions here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

But I would strongly recommend OSCAR over ResScan any day.  Much more usable info and easier to use.  As for government certification, folks have already addressed that issue.

Good luck and sleep well.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User - Sleepyhead Software [deleting a user profile] macleadv 1 1,953 12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.