Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user looking for feedback
New user looking for feedback
Hi all,

I was recently diagnosed with OSA with an AHI of 37.1, and have been using my Airsense 11 for a little under 2 weeks now. I feel like I've gotten used to it quickly and have had great results so far! 

Finally got an SD card, so attached is my first night of full data. I was hoping to get some recommendations on how I can further improve.
Let me know if I should post any other charts, or zoom in to any particular sections.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user looking for feedback
Welcome to the board there are a lot of people here that can help.

I can see a couple of things to look at.  First - Positional apnea is shown when there are events of O and/or H that are clustered together.  There were a couple but not bad.   Positional apnea is when your chin drops to your sternum cutting off your own airway.  That happens many ways sometime it is from sleeping on your back or on to high of pillows.  It does not look bad enough to recommend a collar but if it does get worse that is what we usually suggest.  If you want to look at collars I have a link to it in my signature.

The other part is you have high flow limits that can be controlled with EPR (exhale pressure relief).  To use it you need to make a couple changes to your settings.

Turn on EPR to full Time
Set EPR 3
Increase the min to 7

Give that a try and post your results....
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply!

I have a slightly thinner pillow I can try tonight, and I'll make the settings changes and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new settings didn't seem to bother all that much, but last night was definitely rough! Woke up at 5:30 (the OSCAR data seems to be behind an hour) and wasnt able to fall back asleep, so all of that at the end was awake.

Definitely the highest leaks I've had yet, I'm going to make sure to fully readjust my mask today to see if that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
What about sleep last night was rough? Did you feel oxygen starved with EPR set at 3 and feel like you were suffocating? Were you not comfortable? Was your sleep fragmented more than normal?

First priority is lowering your leak rate based upon the positional apnea remedies Stacey Burke mentioned above. You might also try mouth tape to see if it helps.

If this was my data I'd try min 9, max 16, EPR 1 and see if the increased minimum pressure support helps. Do you have access to your sleep study? If so, what level did you have the lowest amount of events at?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2023, 10:12 AM)gainerfull Wrote: What about sleep last night was rough? Did you feel oxygen starved with EPR set at 3 and feel like you were suffocating? Were you not comfortable? Was your sleep fragmented more than normal?

First priority is lowering your leak rate based upon the positional apnea remedies Stacey Burke mentioned above. You might also try mouth tape to see if it helps.

If this was my data I'd try min 9, max 16, EPR 1 and see if the increased minimum pressure support helps. Do you have access to your sleep study? If so, what level did you have the lowest amount of events at?

After adjusting while laying in bed for 10-15 minutes, everything felt decently comfortable. Sleep was just fragmented, and I woke up almost 2 hours earlier then normal for some reason. 

I did switch to a thinner pillow based on staceyburkes feedback, I wonder if I spent a lot more time on my side because of it and the mask got moved around. 

I was diagnosed from an at-home test via WatchPAT, so unfortunately I don't have those numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your central were higher and many times that happens when we add EPE. It will go away as you get used to the therapy. Try reducing EPR to 2. 

You still show positional apnea.  The thinner pillow did not do the trick. Also, you put in about side sleeping.  You had 3 or 4 periods of positional apnea.  So it is not all night but it is giving you a higher AHI   

You had both mask leaks and mouth leaks, however, it was not high enough to interfere with your therapy. You had few large leaks ( shows as LL on the chart)

Change the EPR to 2 and let’s see what it looks like tomorrow.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Either my allergies went through the roof or I'm getting sick, Wednesday night my nose was so stuffed I only lasted 2.5 hours. Last night was better though! Still feeling a bit under the weather, but I think my sleep was pretty good overall. 

Leaks still seem to be a thing from my very uninformed assessment of what I'm looking at. Starting to do some research into chin straps and mouth tape.

Post Reply Post Reply
Took a break from therapy Friday night due to all the congestion, but was feeling better the next day. 
Attached is last night, leaks look a bit better to me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Stuffy nose is pretty much gone!
Here are the last 2 nights, is the CSR on 5/7 anything to be concerend about?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 348 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 535 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 767 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New CPAP User - Feedback Request aceventura 8 672 11-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.